Expected FPS?

cavester

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

i have 6 Hikvisions which are all set to 25fps in camera. In BI I am only seeing around 8-9fps. Shouldnt I expect closer to the 25fps?

cheers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you should...how are they connected to your network?

cavester

n3wb
Reaction score
Via a cisco POE switch, all cams and server connected to the same switch. shouldn't be any issue there.

cavester

n3wb
Reaction score
No, 29%. I am getting the yellow exclamation mark in BI status bar appearing now and then but don't know why. Doesn't say anything in logs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
try deleting the camera and adding it again.
Also the basics, like rebooting the system and each piece of network get one by one.

cavester

n3wb
Reaction score
Will do a full reboot tomorrow. It's all 6 cameras and the FPS is consistent across them all. Thanks.

cavester

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so removed all cameras except 1 and that runs fine at around 25fps. Add a camera and they both drop to around 18fps, add another and again a few fps drop etc. However the bitrate for all cameras stays constantly at around 500Kb/s.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, so removed all cameras except 1 and that runs fine at around 25fps. Add a camera and they both drop to around 18fps, add another and again a few fps drop etc. However the bitrate for all cameras stays constantly at around 500Kb/s.
So I don't have a solution and haven't had time to look into this yet, but your the first person I've come across that has a similar problem as me. I don't know your setup or anything, but for me this only happens with BI4. BI3 works perfectly fine.

I haven't had much time to troubleshoot this, since BI3 is working just fine right now. If you did find a reason to this issue though, let me know.
Thanks

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As for me, my LAN is gigabit. I've also tested BI 3 at 300+ FPS total (just to test I turned my cameras up a bit but obviously my network is fine atleast up to that). The way I normal have them set is about 240 FPS total, which BI3 obviously handles fine. With BI 4 though, same setup, I've only ever pulled maybe a total of 130FPS when my cameras are set to be about 240fps. So I plan on either waiting for a version that doesn't do this, doing a factory reset on windows someday when I have time, or contacting Ken and seeing if he'd be willing to remote in and check things out.