Experience on cameras bought on AliExpress

vbprof

n3wb
Reaction score
I came cross a few discussion about this web site Aliexpress.com on this forum. I guess it is Alibaba. Does anyone have good/bad expe3rience with purchases from this web site, comparing with Amazon or Costco? Thanks!

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought an Imporx 10x PTZ from Aliexpress. Your not going to get the service, communication, free returns, speed of delivery, etc... that you get from Amazon. BUT, what you will get is a price far lower than what Amazon can offer. When dealing with a China based company it is a gamble. So, you need to weigh with yourself, price vs the other stuff. Oh, my purchase turned out fine.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought an Imporx 10x PTZ from Aliexpress. Your not going to get the service, communication, free returns, speed of delivery, etc... that you get from Amazon. BUT, what you will get is a price far lower than what Amazon can offer. When dealing with a China based company it is a gamble. So, you need to weigh with yourself, price vs the other stuff. Oh, my purchase turned out fine.
This. It's a gamble. Not a massive gamble.

Ask yourself these three questions:

1) Are you happy to wait for it?
2) Are you happy getting it cheaper?
3) Are you happy that if it breaks that the money is lost?

If yes to all three then Aliexpress is fine.

Don't say yes to (1) and (2) and then come back and moan how you should've got a replacement and them pay for return postage etc. Yes moan that the product is broken etc but you knew the risks and rewards before you imported the product. Yes, that's right, you are the importer.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
8 cameras so far from Ali and no issues, get a name brand from a seller with at least 97% feedback and a few years in business you should be good but, everything in life a gamble.

Should you have married the first girl you loved or the last one, if you married the last one did you gamble ?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I would always pick Amazon/Costco over Aliexpress or any other Chinese shopping site, but there are some products you just can't get from either one and leaves you no choice. Of course now I see a lot of products that are available at Aliexpress are also present on Amazon with prime shipping and in some cases the price difference is negligible.

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score
I would always pick Amazon/Costco over Aliexpress or any other Chinese shopping site, but there are some products you just can't get from either one and leaves you no choice. Of course now I see a lot of products that are available at Aliexpress are also present on Amazon with prime shipping and in some cases the price difference is negligible.
That's fine if you live in the USA. The Chinese websites will ship anywhere unlike Amazon.

I know from past/recent experience.:rolleyes-new:

vbprof

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs! I am a newbie, and I think it might be better paying little extra and get peace of mind... I think Costco has the best return policy. It used to be forever, and as people abused that, they only let you return within three months for cameras (not sure whether security camera is considered "camera" on their website)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs! I am a newbie, and I think it might be better paying little extra and get peace of mind... I think Costco has the best return policy. It used to be forever, and as people abused that, they only let you return within three months for cameras (not sure whether security camera is considered "camera" on their website)
The costco 90 day return does not apply to security cameras or NVRs. You can return anytime.