Exporting configuration file failed (NVR, Cam)

vantage

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

i can not make an export from my device parameters. I try to do this with Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. The message "exporting configuration file failed" is displayed. What can i do?
The same failure message is by exporting the device parameters from my Hikvision NVR and three different Hikvision IP Cams.

Thank you for your help.

vantage

export failure.PNG

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i can not make an export from my device parameters. I try to do this with Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. The message "exporting configuration file failed" is displayed. What can i do?
The same failure message is by exporting the device parameters from my Hikvision NVR and three different Hikvision IP Cams.
Was the export tried via a 'mapped drive letter' as opposed to a local drive letter?

vantage

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, but i do not know what you mean. I click only on the Button "Device Parameters" and the failure message was displayed. Where can i change the export drive letter?

Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I click only on the Button "Device Parameters" and the failure message was displayed.
OK, in which case are the devices running the older firmware that for full functionality (including live video) requires IE11 with the webcomponents plugin?
Does the Maintenance page in your screenshot have a message at the bottom about downloading and installing the plugin?

vantage

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, at all devices dthere is a message at the bottom about installing the plugin. But, installing the plugin is not possible.

The NVR Firmware is V3.4.101 build 181024.
Camera DS-2CD2142FWD-IS Firmware V5.5.0 build 170725
Camera DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS Firmware V5.5.61 build 180718
Camera DS-2CD2142FWD-I V5.5.0 build 170725

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, at all devices dthere is a message at the bottom about installing the plugin. But, installing the plugin is not possible.
With those versions of firmware, you'll need to use IE11 with the webcomponents plugin to export the configuration file.
The plugin will install OK in IE11 - not Edge.

vantage

n3wb
Reaction score
... one question more ....

I do the backup via IE11. When i click on Save, it do two backups. One with the device Parameter, and one with the IP-Cam Parameter. It looks like this:
1617811483744.png

So, when i open my file explorer, i do not see anything:

1617811621729.png

It is the same folder!? So i do not unterstand, why it is so!?

Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It is the same folder!? So i do not unterstand, why it is so!?
Are you logged in to Windows as 'peter'?
if not -

This is likely due to Windows not trusting IE11 enough to let it drop files outside the user profile.
The files will have been stored in a virtualised folder in the user profile that's hidden by default and not subject to a normal search.

To resolve, you can try one of 2 things :
In IE11, under Settings | Internet options | Security tab click Trusted Sites and add the IP address of the camera using the Sites button.

If that doesn't work, run IE11 'as administrator'.