Exporting night video grainier than when viewing

Reaction score
My friends car was vandalized while we were boar hunting in Georgia. I want to give the police the best possible resolution but the videos dont appear to be as clear as when i view them straight through blue iris. I have made sure export quality was set to 100 percent, and i tried viewing them from vlc with the same results. I wonder if there is any software out there to where i can remove some of the grainy video and make it better.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My friends car was vandalized while we were boar hunting in Georgia. I want to give the police the best possible resolution but the videos dont appear to be as clear as when i view them straight through blue iris. I have made sure export quality was set to 100 percent, and i tried viewing them from vlc with the same results. I wonder if there is any software out there to where i can remove some of the grainy video and make it better.
Are you exporting to mp4?

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, yeah i am exporting to MP4. Not sure where to check re-encode at.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for that @fenderman I had never seen that, looks to be checked by default, and I didn't know it could be a problem.