Exporting options

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Reading the tetorials etc, suggests shutting down BI while exporting

Are there any other options to export or 3rd party software that will do the trick

This can happen on a different PC (My Micro server wn10) as well (incfact preferred)

Would prefer this happening automaticly and the alerts exported/available to watch from any PC

I am looking at the quality aspect (i.e. when zoomed)
Once my new I7 9700k arrives I will be pestering about quality over CPU usage also!

Tro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reading the tetorials etc, suggests shutting down BI while exporting

Are there any other options to export or 3rd party software that will do the trick

This can happen on a different PC (My Micro server wn10) as well (incfact preferred)

Would prefer this happening automaticly and the alerts exported/available to watch from any PC

I am looking at the quality aspect (i.e. when zoomed)
Once my new I7 9700k arrives I will be pestering about quality over CPU usage also!

Tro
You can't shut down bi while exporting..you don't need to disable anything while exporting..see help file.

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did have a read through (some time ago) - maybe it was the UI?

Regardless, would be nice to take that load else-ware and have a little more control with the files (how often to export etc)

Tro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did have a read through (some time ago) - maybe it was the UI?

Regardless, would be nice to take that load else-ware and have a little more control with the files (how often to export etc)

Tro
Why convert for no reason. You can view clips via browser from any device.

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I dont get the same quality, if I log into the camera directly I get great quality
Thats what I would like to see, particularly when zooming
I might not have it set up as well as you could, the UI3 doesnt do it for me (at 4k) - i'm guessing its only providing what the lowest mp camera can provide or I missing something
Or i forgot to reboot since changing the settings!

Tro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont get the same quality, if I log into the camera directly I get great quality
Thats what I would like to see, particularly when zooming
I might not have it set up as well as you could, the UI3 doesnt do it for me (at 4k) - i'm guessing its only providing what the lowest mp camera can provide or I missing something
Or i forgot to reboot since changing the settings!

Tro
You are guessing wrong. That is because you improperly setup the the webserver...you need to adjust the max bitrate in the webserver tab and adjust the res in ui3 AND adjust the resolution for the all camera view if you are using that view.
Its is ridiculous to export all the video and watch it manually like that.
The most efficient way to watch the video is via the console or remote management console on another BI watching all the cameras simultanously.