Exterior Cat6 - Never realized it was so hard to find actual "real" outdoor cable

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I used to use ubiquiti but at times it was hard to get and they had a bad run a while back that did not hold up outdoors at all. Outer plastic fell apart easily after sunlight but they were aware of it and fixed it in later runs. I like it and it treated me personally well but the problems with availaiblity made me go elsewhere.

I now use Shireen cable and it works great for me so far. I have put in thousands of feet, 14,000 feet in the last three weeks (finished a 29 IP camera install yesterday for one of my sites) and I just got another pallet of it yesterday as I'd ran out. Price is good and my results have been great. I'm using it to run Hik IP cameras out to 500 feet with no issues at all so it must be somewhat okay. I'm just using the cat5 cable and not the 6 but I expect it would be of equal quality.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/176-6923883-0549653?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=shireen
Never thought of the gel running out of the cable end in higher temp say a ceiling interior. Do you think that would be an issue as it sounds like you run alot of wire. The box says interior and exterior but, to the others point do you believe I have wasted my money once more ? wish I would have seen your post a day earlier, I wondered about the gel filled product I bought but, they said it would be fine inside or out ? your thoughts.
http://www.cableconcepts.ca/Cable-Concepts-CAT5e-Cable-BurialFlooded-24-AWG-4-Pair-1000-FT-Box_p_17.html

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nah, I think you did fine. I have had a few runs that had very minor amounts of gel leak out over time but I am talking very minor amounts like a drop or two at the end so it was not a big deal at all. Running a ton of cable I moved away from the gel stuff as it is just a mess after installing 20-50 ends in a day. Otherwise it worked fine, just messy cleaning off the wires and such when making ends.

I think your cable looks quality, don't worry! :)

Jonwire

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, China cables are JUNK!! I would recommend infinity-cable. I used to order my cables on Amazon and the prices there are a bit high, but it's actually a very safe market to order. I stopped ordering on Amazon and have been ordering directly from the website and save an average of 15% on cables.. They also ship out the products pretty quick. Good luck