External IR Suggestion?

T0ML

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for an exterior IR illuminator suggestion. Attached is a sample pic from my cam during the day (I can snap one later), I'm aiming to install it approx ~10' above ground level, on the top of a gable of my garage, Ive got one other camera on the other side of the garage. Also ive attached a photo of the front of the house for perspective. Cameras are above the lights on either side of the garage and gives me perfect coverage over the front portion of the house during the day with some overlap.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention the cameras .... The one I grabbed the image from is a DS-2CD2142FWD-I ( I intend to replace the other one with the same model more than likely), the other one at this time is a DS-2CD2132F-I .

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There are quite a few threads discussing and comparing IR illuminators with samples - try a forum search in the first instance, it works pretty well.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would add two IR lights. One on either side of the camera. Mount each about 1 to 1.5m from the camera. That way you are less likey to get spiders.

I have a few of these IR LED lights.
48 LED illuminator Light IR Infrared Night Vision Assist LED Lamp For CCTV Surveillance Camera-in CCTV Accessories from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
plus you will need a 12v power supply like this.
Aliexpress.com : Buy Free Shipping DC 12V 2A Power Supply Adapter For CCTV Camera,European Wall Hanging Waterproof Outdoor Power Adapter XR PA1 from Reliable adapter pci suppliers on XinRay Store

Did you see the new model Hikvision 4K cameras? The DS-2CD2185FWD-IS and DS-2CD2385FWD-I. The resolution is substantially higher @ 8MP (3840 × 2160 @ 20fps) I have a few 2142 and have been replacing them with the 2385. Similar price too.
DS-2CD2185FWD-IS
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/faAMBEY
DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Aliexpress.com : Buy Hikvision 8MP IP Camera DS 2CD2385FWD I Network Turret Camera H.265 Updatable CCTV Security Camera With SD Card Slot from Reliable turret camera suppliers on XinRay Store

Attachments

Last edited: