External microphone/speakers for DAHUA cameras

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi folks,

What external mic/speakers do you guys use with your DAHUA cameras?

Appreciate it!

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ahh, now I realize, one needs external power for these ":) I was planning to do everything over POE, guess that is not possible

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
A PoE splitter solves that problem. Just watch the total load on the splitter and on that line/port.

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@awsum140 Hmm I cannot seem to find POE splitters that would still provide POE while also providing power as well. The ones I can seem to find on flea bay and Amazon are like totally splitting the POE cable into power and non-poe Ethernet. This means I still have to run 2 cables to the camera. Might as well be power + POE cable rather than 2 POE cables.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
All you need is a "Y" cable with coaxial connectors to split the 12 volts coming out of the splitter into two connections, one for the camera and one for your mike/speaker. The ethernet out of the splitter gets plugged into the camera with a patch cable.

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ahhhh, now I understand. I will be powering the camera, the traditional way, rather than through POE! Cool, thanks again!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All you need is a "Y" cable with coaxial connectors to split the 12 volts coming out of the splitter into two connections, one for the camera and one for your mike/speaker. The ethernet out of the splitter gets plugged into the camera with a patch cable.
Do you have a favorite POE splitter @awsum140 ?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not ignoring you, Looney. It's been a really busy day. Among other things had the "pleasure" of driving into downtown Philly and then leaving at prime commute time. Trip home took two hours when a normal time would be, at most, 45 minutes.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
@looney2ns OK. Got a few minutes to look at what I originally bought. I'm using one of these, at the moment, to power a 7 watt IR and a Dahua 4231EM-ASE. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077982XCS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is rated at 1 amp output and has been doing fine for almost a year now.

In the future, if I ever need one again, I'll probably order this one https://www.amazon.com/USG-Splitter-Power-Non-PoE-Cameras/dp/B00M5U4OFA/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_3_dp?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00M5U4OFA&pd_rd_r=G6RHR6Q3XPY2QRR1H8Q7&pd_rd_w=9H5fN&pd_rd_wg=z31HC It has, supposedly, a two amp output which would give more "head room" for the camera and accessories.

Easiest way is to plan ahead and pull extra CATx cables so you never need to use one. They are kind of big and hard to stuff into a four inch round, weatherproof, box. They fit fine in a four in square, though, because it can go in diagonally.

I've also used long DC extension cables to power IR lights which lets me keep the wall warts remotely mounted in the "server room/office". Just be sure to use a gauge of wire that is appropriate for the load.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.