EZVIZ C6N in Blue Iris - PTZ and audio not working

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day all.

This is my first technical question regarding setup of IP cams in Blue Iris and I'm hoping someone can help.
I have managed to get the cam video working but I cannot get PTZ or audio working, I have tried various settings but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas?

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good day all.

This is my first technical question regarding setup of IP cams in Blue Iris and I'm hoping someone can help.
I have managed to get the cam video working but I cannot get PTZ or audio working, I have tried various settings but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas?
As far as I know, these kinds of cheap cameras are not fully supported by BI, just like the Dahua Imou series cameras.
If you have email support available from BI, drop Ken an email and ask for help.

For time being, the workaround solution is to install EZVIZ app on your smart phone and use the app to control
PTZ movement of your camera and listening to audio.

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
As far as I know, these kinds of cheap cameras are not fully supported by BI, just like the Dahua Imou series cameras.
If you have email support available from BI, drop Ken an email and ask for help.

For time being, the workaround solution is to install EZVIZ app on your smart phone and use the app to control
PTZ movement of your camera and listening to audio.
The thing is, I previously had a cheap Digoo wifi camera setup and it was WAY easier to get working, and PTZ worked 100%.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Digoo wifi camera
So how come you didn't stick with Digoo cameras?

If I am not mistaken.....I might be wrong here, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Probably......ONVIF compliant cameras are the source of the problem here.
Sometimes, the manufacturer states the camera is an ONVIF compliant camera,
but in actuality, it is not.

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
So how come you didn't stick with Digoo cameras?

If I am not mistaken.....I might be wrong here, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Probably......ONVIF compliant cameras are the source of the problem here.
Sometimes, the manufacturer states the camera is an ONVIF compliant camera,
but in actuality, it is not.
The one Digoo I had broke, and I can't get the same one again, also they only had Wifi, these EZVIZ have ethernet as well.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The one Digoo I had broke, and I can't get the same one again, also they only had Wifi, these EZVIZ have ethernet as well.
Another option is to spend $$$ can get a properly supported camera like Dahua, Hikvision & Uniview.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the lower-tier, low priced consumer grade "smart home" cams are P2P / cloud oriented for ease of consumer use. They lack an embedded webGUI so as to discourage streaming to a home PC as they want you to use their cloud. Often times the cloud service will be free for a time or you can view live but are required to pay in order view recorded video.

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to get audio working, listening not broadcasting, which is a start but going to take the second one back for a refund.
I'm in South Africa so my options are very limited. Either buy high-end brands for ridiculously high prices, cheap stuff from China and hope it works (which with the Digoo camera it did) or pay huge amounts for shipping and get it slightly cheaper from the US.
Either way, no perfect solution.
I don't mind spending the money if I know something is good quality and will work, I have 6 outdoor Dahua cameras and they are all perfect, but I ordered them from Andy and paid a fraction of the price than I would have locally.

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
At the end of the day, all I need the indoor cams for is to check up on the cats while I'm away.
If anyone has a recommendation for someone reasonably priced that will work I would be grateful, and hopefully I can get it locally.

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
Andy is your answer. Email him directly and ask him. He knows the tricks of the trade for shipping and such.
I've looked on his store and there doesn't seem to be anything suitable.
The Amcrest cam mentioned above looks like a good option, but it has no ethernet.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score