EZViz DB1 files on sd-card

pluim003

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Have an EZViz DB1 doorbell for about 7 months now or so. Recently it complained that the SD-card needed to be formatted. Formatting through the app didn't work so I took it out and put it in my laptop. Seems that it was completely filled with mp4-movies which didn't seem to be playable (at least not in VLC) and all were 256MB in size. That might also explain why it gets filled up so fast. And I don't have continious recording activated. So formatted it and put it back, whereas EZViz-app still complained about that it needed to be formatted, so did another try which succeeded.

Questions: is it normal that every recording is 256MB? Which doesn't make sense when it records only a few seconds. Is there a way to autocleanup? I haven't find it in the settings unfortunately. Would be nice that you could say that it overwrites or removes data after f.e. 1 months.
Thanx in advance.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
Have an EZViz DB1 doorbell for about 7 months now or so. Recently it complained that the SD-card needed to be formatted. Formatting through the app didn't work so I took it out and put it in my laptop. Seems that it was completely filled with mp4-movies which didn't seem to be playable (at least not in VLC) and all were 256MB in size. That might also explain why it gets filled up so fast. And I don't have continious recording activated. So formatted it and put it back, whereas EZViz-app still complained about that it needed to be formatted, so did another try which succeeded.

Questions: is it normal that every recording is 256MB? Which doesn't make sense when it records only a few seconds. Is there a way to autocleanup? I haven't find it in the settings unfortunately. Would be nice that you could say that it overwrites or removes data after f.e. 1 months.
Thanx in advance.
Are you using the Batch Config. Tool?

Here are my recordings:

1616762540923.png

You could play with the Quota percentages here:
1616762610684.png

If you haven't already been here, I would post on our Huge Thread, there is a lot of support there:

pluim003

n3wb
Reaction score
A bit later. Installed it, had to find the verificationcode(s) but it's working nicely. No video of the doorbell yet, but I'll keep checking it out. Another thanx and have a nice weekend.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update. The movies from the doorbell look fine and have descent sizes. Guess the SD-card must have been gotten corrupted or so.
Yeah I had mine fill up before. I did what you did, pulled the card. I have found formatting in the Batch Config. Tool works so you shouldn't have to pull the card in the future...

Pyng123

n3wb
Reaction score
I kept getting "exception" displayed under the storage sd section of mobile app. I tried reinstall and wifi reconnect. I had a 128gb sd. Nothing. So I tried a 32gb. Formated on pc using easeUS app format feature to get FAT32 on the 128gb. No good in camera. Tried same with 32gb sd. Still nothing. I decided to kill power to the camera and reconnect after about 10sec. Up came the camera with steady blue an the camera was able to format the 32gb and works fine now. The 128gb originally in the cam had like 400 files all the same. I think they were 258mb each. Not sure how that happened. Files went back 3 years.