EZVIZ DB1 Unable to finish set up after firmware update

NotEZ_viz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I installed a DB1 doorbell earlier this year, have it set up to record to my Synology (and SDcard) and everything worked as it should. I recently updated the firmware and now I cannot use my doorbell. Here's what's going on:

I can reset the doorbell and set up the Wifi, the doorbell connects to Wifi (I hear the announcement). But the EZVIZ app fails to complete setup, it stops at 90% progress, with an error screen that says "Configuring Network Failed" at the top and an error message "Sorry, connecting to network failed".

But, I can access the doorbell via the Batch Configuration software and I can see the video stream.

I tried going back to an older firmware before I realized I couldn't and then updated to the latest I found on this website : V5.2.4build 2002220. No change. I tried setting up via the iOS app and the Android - same result. I'm almost certain now it has something to do with my network/router but for the life of me I can't figure it out. If anyone has seen this before and can suggest a fix I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another example of : dont touch a working thing :)

NotEZ_viz

n3wb
Reaction score
Another example of : dont touch a working thing :)
Yeah - I had set it to not refresh and then was tempted to do it. Learned my lesson! Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm almost certain it's something to do with my network config since I can view the RTSP stream just fine, use the batch configuration tool to look at settings remotely, just can't get the thing to finish installing via the app and working like a doorbell.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
You can try posting your question in the linked thread below. Extensive discussion about variants of the same doorbell.
Good luck!

NotEZ_viz

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
You can try posting your question in the linked thread below. Extensive discussion about variants of the same doorbell.
Good luck!

Thanks! (and you other responders on this thread). I wasn't able to get my DB1 working again and gave up for some time. Until today, when I found an older firmware version posted on ipcamtalk (sorry, I can't find that thread now). I used the batch configuration tool to upload this version (reported by my DB1 as build 191211) and voila! everything works again - including ringing the internal mechanical doorbell!

So, the lesson learned is -do not upgrade no matter how tempting it might seem unless you're willing to risk a lot of unnecessary hackery.

Attachments

Charlie57

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! (and you other responders on this thread). I wasn't able to get my DB1 working again and gave up for some time. Until today, when I found an older firmware version posted on ipcamtalk (sorry, I can't find that thread now). I used the batch configuration tool to upload this version (reported by my DB1 as build 191211) and voila! everything works again - including ringing the internal mechanical doorbell!

So, the lesson learned is -do not upgrade no matter how tempting it might seem unless you're willing to risk a lot of unnecessary hackery.
Hi, Would be interesting to fine out how you configured the configuration tool. I'm having exactly the same problem but having a few issues with the CT app.

Reaction score

Today I have the same problem after a firmware update. Adding in the app stuck at 90%, but connected to my Wifi (i can see the stream)
Flashing it back to 191211 didn't help for me. Can you remember what else you did? Cut off the power, reset,...? Thanks

Daaaf

n3wb
Reaction score
Today I have the same problem after a firmware update. Adding in the app stuck at 90%, but connected to my Wifi (i can see the stream)
Flashing it back to 191211 didn't help for me. Can you remember what else you did? Cut off the power, reset,...? Thanks
Same here... First and last time I bought EzViz device. :(

qbic2007

n3wb
Reaction score
same issue on my side, stuck @90% when registering the db1, since update to firmware 211011, already flashed the same firmware, without solution, going to try older firmware now

Reaction score
same issue on my side, stuck @90% when registering the db1, since update to firmware 211011, already flashed the same firmware, without solution, going to try older firmware now
I already gave up and installed the old ringer. No firmware worked. The previous one did, but lost connection after a few hours and always went back to ap mode automatically. Very frustrating. Never update a working thing!

qbic2007

n3wb
Reaction score
I already gave up and installed the old ringer. No firmware worked. The previous one did, but lost connection after a few hours and always went back to ap mode automatically. Very frustrating. Never update a working thing!
that would be nice but the thing auto updates from the app ....