Ezviz PTZ Blue iris

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just checking a interior camera, not very big, like the metal ones I usually install for exteriors of Dahua/Hikvision, and just found the Ezviz C6 that might be what I am searching for. However, I do not see anywhere, that says that camera is compatible with onvif, and wanted to confirm with you guys, if you have had any issues with PTZ when trying from Blue iris.
Any ideas?

Kind regards

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A Google search may help you and provide some reading material==>> ezviz c6 blue iris
A quick glance and it doesn't look promising. :blankstare:

Few of these types of cams even have an embedded webGUI, much less an available RTSP stream and provide no ONVIF compatibility. They want you to scan a QR code with an app and use their P2P server. Many cams labelled "smart home" are in that same genre.

Last edited:

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A Google search may help you and provide some reading material==>> ezviz c6 blue iris
A quick glance and it doesn't look promising. :blankstare:

Few of these types of cams even have an embedded webGUI, much less an available RTSP stream and provide no ONVIF compatibility. They want you to scan a QR code with an app and use their P2P server. Many cams labelled "smart home" are in that same genre.
Yes, it currently doesn't look promising at all, I know. And probably I will need to check workarounds to make it work.
But I currently see thats the issue with all smart home cameras I have seen everywhere :/ Any one I might have missed that you know that work well for interiors?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it currently doesn't look promising at all, I know. And probably I will need to check workarounds to make it work.
But I currently see thats the issue with all smart home cameras I have seen everywhere :/ Any one I might have missed that you know that work well for interiors?
The Amcrest IP2M-841. I've got 4, have installed a dozen, several forum members use/like it as well. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That seems also pretty much decent. I was at the same time seeing that imou and reolink (last firmware update) are now compatible also. However none of them are POE, do you know of any POE ones?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That seems also pretty much decent. I was at the same time seeing that imou and reolink (last firmware update) are now compatible also. However none of them are POE, do you know of any POE ones?
Amcrest did have a version 841 with a "E" suffix but I don't think it's available these days. You could use a POE to 5VDC micro-USB splitter.
BTW, Reolink does NOT play nice with Blue Iris,among other issues, so I'd steer clear of Reolink altogether.

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Amcrest did have a version 841 with a "E" suffix but I don't think it's available these days. You could use a POE to 5VDC micro-USB splitter.
BTW, Reolink does NOT play nice with Blue Iris,among other issues, so I'd steer clear of Reolink altogether.
Yep, the other option I was just currently checking, was the POE splitter. I guess I will buy one of those.
For reolink I know they were not playing well with BI because of the iframe, or something like that, for movement detection. But I saw they corrected that issue in the latest firmware version. TBH, don't know if that solved the issue or not

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently see that Ranger 2 4MP is fully compatible with BI and it has some cute silicon nice covers :p

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And now that I was wondering. Something that is not PTZ but with ethernet?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you can put an outdoor cam indoors, there are many possibilities.
  • Choose a form factor: bullet, dome or turret (eyeball).
  • Choose a lens focal length: 2.8mm, 3.6mm or varifocal.
  • Choose with or without audio.
  • Choose record also to built-in microSD card.
I suggest you visit @EMPIRETECANDY 's stores =>> IPCT Store | Amazon shop | AliExpress