EZVIZ V5.2.4 build 230404 (DB1) RTSP problem

anyone

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded my EZVIZ WiFi Video Doorbell (CS-DB1) from V5.2.4 build 220530 to V5.2.4 build 230404 after noticing an available update in the EZVIZ app.

The camera works fine in the EZVIZ app, but I can no longer connect to it via RTSP.

When running an "nmap" scan on the camera, port 554 is shown as closed. Unfortunately, in the iVMS software, I cannot find an option to enable the port.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can regain the ability to connect to the camera using RTSP?

Thanks.

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same for me, I clicked on the update by mistake from my Home Assistant integration and now with this build there is no more RTSP listener.
:banghead: time to buy a better doorbell.

anyone

n3wb
Reaction score
While checking replacement prices ($60 US btw), I remembered this link, "HIKVISION DOORBELL 101" which contains information on upgrading the firmware.

Following the instructions provided in the guide, I successfully downgraded the firmware using the BatchConfigTool and the file named "CS-DB1-A0-1B3WPFR.dav." This downgrade reverted the camera to V5.2.4 build 211011, which restored the RTSP functionality.

It's too soon to determine if there is any performance difference between the previous build I was on, 220530, which worked with RTSP.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same for me, I clicked on the update by mistake from my Home Assistant integration and now with this build there is no more RTSP listener.
:banghead: time to buy a better doorbell.
If no joy after trying @anyone 's suggestion and you're still looking for another video doorbell, I highly recommend the Reolink (yes, my fingers struggled typing "recommend" and "Reolink" in the same sentence)==>> New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

EDIT 6/30 @ 1344CDT: Attention! If you're on the fence about a video doorbell with chime, now's your chance:

Amazon has the POE version of the Reolink doorbell on sale for $79.99, which is 27% off! ==>> REOLINK Video Doorbell PoE Camera - 180° Diagonal, 5MP IP Security Camera Outdoor with Chime, 2-Way Talk, Plug & Play, Secured Local Storage, No Monthly Fee

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I too did the upgrade and was able to re-flash from batchconfig. Here are the options that worked for me - complete restoration DID NOT WORK and reported that upgrade failed.

Who knows where to get the 220530 version that we were on before? I'm fine if it's Hikvision.

Screenshot on 2023-07-01 at 13:30:36.png

Last edited:

drmongrain

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded my EZVIZ WiFi Video Doorbell (CS-DB1) from V5.2.4 build 220530 to V5.2.4 build 230404 after noticing an available update in the EZVIZ app.

The camera works fine in the EZVIZ app, but I can no longer connect to it via RTSP.

When running an "nmap" scan on the camera, port 554 is shown as closed. Unfortunately, in the iVMS software, I cannot find an option to enable the port.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can regain the ability to connect to the camera using RTSP?

Thanks.
I had the same issue with my DB1 doorbell cam. I noticed that simply logging into the camera with the EzViz studio application and looking at the advanced camera configuration (I simply needed to go to the Network settings which still continue to show RTSP port) restored the camera's RTSP function. I just did this so I can't tell how long the feature will stick. I noticed this a couple of days ago when I first notice my NAS was no longer able to record from the camera and went in EzViz studio to downgrade the firmware, I noticed the recordings restarted minutes before I downgraded the firmware, so it had to be the EzViz studio app which kicked it back into function. Unfortunately I forgot to disabled automatic firmware upgrade and, you guessed it, firmware was upgraded and RTSP had stopped.

phtp

n3wb
Reaction score
While checking replacement prices ($60 US btw), I remembered this link, "HIKVISION DOORBELL 101" which contains information on upgrading the firmware.

Following the instructions provided in the guide, I successfully downgraded the firmware using the BatchConfigTool and the file named "CS-DB1-A0-1B3WPFR.dav." This downgrade reverted the camera to V5.2.4 build 211011, which restored the RTSP functionality.

It's too soon to determine if there is any performance difference between the previous build I was on, 220530, which worked with RTSP.
Thank You for this!

nupdyxa

n3wb
Reaction score
I, too accidently upgraded my DB1 from 201111 to 230404. Prior to the upgrade, the camera started to frick out at 4AM. The door bell went off and on the recorded by Zoneminder video I could hear some wild noises (heavy surface scratching like). It then simply fell off the radar. I had to power-cycle the thing, but the chime (was set to electronic type) quit working after power-cycle. I had no option but to re-configure it from scratch. As part of that, I put the camera on a guest wifi network. I then noticed that the Advanced Settings button dissapeared in the EZVIZ studio, so I chased that problem for a while. Anyhow, I wound up upgrading the camera to the 230404 code. The "Advanced" button was still missing, only then I realized that it is because my DB1 was on a guest network. Once I moved it to the normal wifi network the Advanced setting were there. I briefly checked/tweaked the settings to my preferences, while observing that the RTSP port was still set to 554. The camera was back online in Zoneminder montage window. So, I am not sure about the whole fuss about dropping RTSP with the 230404 upgrade, as my DB1 is still streaming both full res and lower res streams with 230404 and I did not have to do anything special for that.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I, too accidently upgraded my DB1 from 201111 to 230404. Prior to the upgrade, the camera started to frick out at 4AM. The door bell went off and on the recorded by Zoneminder video I could hear some wild noises (heavy surface scratching like). It then simply fell off the radar. I had to power-cycle the thing, but the chime (was set to electronic type) quit working after power-cycle. I had no option but to re-configure it from scratch. As part of that, I put the camera on a guest wifi network. I then noticed that the Advanced Settings button dissapeared in the EZVIZ studio, so I chased that problem for a while. Anyhow, I wound up upgrading the camera to the 230404 code. The "Advanced" button was still missing, only then I realized that it is because my DB1 was on a guest network. Once I moved it to the normal wifi network the Advanced setting were there. I briefly checked/tweaked the settings to my preferences, while observing that the RTSP port was still set to 554. The camera was back online in Zoneminder montage window. So, I am not sure about the whole fuss about dropping RTSP with the 230404 upgrade, as my DB1 is still streaming both full res and lower res streams with 230404 and I did not have to do anything special for that.
OK. I don't get the Guest wifi vs "normal Wifi" unless its a router setting, but any info is better than none. My ezviz db1c may be diffirent than your DB1. Mine is the cheap version that does well when working. I don't have ezviz "advanced" studio although i may install the advanced version in the future.

mrceolla

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my DB1 doorbell cam. I noticed that simply logging into the camera with the EzViz studio application and looking at the advanced camera configuration (I simply needed to go to the Network settings which still continue to show RTSP port) restored the camera's RTSP function. I just did this so I can't tell how long the feature will stick. I noticed this a couple of days ago when I first notice my NAS was no longer able to record from the camera and went in EzViz studio to downgrade the firmware, I noticed the recordings restarted minutes before I downgraded the firmware, so it had to be the EzViz studio app which kicked it back into function. Unfortunately I forgot to disabled automatic firmware upgrade and, you guessed it, firmware was upgraded and RTSP had stopped.
Thank you for this! After I read your post I downloaded and installed EzViz Studio, then navigated to the doorbell's Advanced setting. Immediately after doing that I checked my 3rd party app and the RTSP stream was there again! I never downgraded the firmware or tried any other troubleshooting. Firmware upgraded -> noticed broken RTSP -> Used EzViz Studio to restore

mbmango

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the EzViz Studio workaround, but I didn't find an advanced settings option for the camera, and poking around didn't do anything. I decided to try the batch config tool, which also didn't do anything by just poking around the settings. But after rebooting the camera via the tool, the rtsp feed was restored. I did not change any other setting and the camera is still on 5.2.4 b230404. I don't know if the reboot command is different from the one issued by BI. I used the 3.1.3.1 version of the tool at Batch Configuration.

cicklow

n3wb
Reaction score
Go to settings (android/ios app)->LAN live view->Start Scaning->select your cam->Options->Local Service Settings->Enable RTSP
ezviz disabled RTSP access because it is a third-party protocol, which they are not responsible for if there are security problems.

Attachments

cw-kid

n3wb
Reaction score
I just had this same problem after updating the firmware. To fix I opened the Hikvision management software on my PC IVMS-4200 selected the Eviz DB1 Doorbell and its Settings, then under Network on both General and NAT I just pressed the save button. I did not actually change any settings. And then by magic the RTSP stream started working again.