Face Detection Snapshot with SD8C845FG-HNF

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is a sample of Dahua's ColorVu equivalent as a skycam:

So if you are using it more for scenery or skycam type activities and not to try to catch perps, that opens a lot of opportunities. This $2,200 is kinda overkill for skywatching.

This is a cool camera for watching the sky as it can look straight up:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is a sample of Dahua's ColorVu equivalent as a skycam:

So if you are using it more for scenery or skycam type activities and not to try to catch perps, that opens a lot of opportunities. This $2,200 is kinda overkill for skywatching.

This is a cool camera for watching the sky as it can look straight up:

Well, this PTZ1A225U-IRA-N positioning camera model that you have put in a post, I didn't know it, because I hadn't accessed this camera section on the website.

As I've been reading the comments on the post, the camera doesn't automatically switch between scenarios, and that's quite a big drawback, because the software I use to save the recordings is Synology's Surveillance Station.

Another feature I don't like is that it only has 2 Mpx, and it seems to me that for this kind of camera it should have at least 4 Mpx. I understand that when this camera is recording the sky it will get a lot of graininess; one because it has a low resolution, and the other because setting the exposure time very low will also increase the graininess of the image (I don't know if this can be corrected in the manual options).

I really like the camera because of the size and how versatile it is in all movements, it's ideal for what I want. Another thing I didn't like is the price, which is quite high for what it is and the features it offers. Thanks for continuing to help me!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.