Failed firmware upgrade - Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS

Checky

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear experts,

I was using this camera for a while and tried to install new firmware via the browser utility.
The process was stuck and I wanted to reboot the camera by turning it off and on again.

After that, my camera wasn't reachable anymore via all channels (HTTP/RSTP/...)
Also pinging it wasn't possible.

I already tried to force the firmware with the TFTP tool and the latest firmware available on the hikvision website.
All went fine by the TFTP utility, completed, updated, ....
But still not reachable/pingable after reboot.
The web server on the camera still doesn't respond, and the SADP tool can't find the camera neither.

Is there a way to force the installation of everything on the camera?
It's having a Micro SD slot where no card is inserted, don't know if that's something what is better should?

Already thanks for reading and helping!

Kind regards,
Lendl

Checky

n3wb
Reaction score
I already did that, but the camera is still in a bootloop.

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are sure it's 5.2.5 (not earlier versions) and you haven't done anything weird to the camera I've no idea.

Reaction score
This worked for me, added the 5.2.5 via TFTP and rebooted the bricked 2132F-IS and now it's back (in chinese, but that's a minor problem)

fred777

n3wb
Reaction score
Need Help as Well!

I purchased several Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS cameras and unfortunately tried to upgrade to latest firmware and bricked the camera! I have tried to restore it using TFTP per instructions on this forum with no joy.

It currently states that the camera is at IP 192.168.1.152 and is running at min-system version 4.0.8

I cannot change the IP of the camera to 192.0.0.64 and am wondering if this is why I have failed with TFTP. So far, I have tried hooking up the camera directly to my PC with a network cable, and am able to ping it at 192.168.1.152, but TFTP won't connect to the camera even if I set the IP of the PC to 192.168.1.128 Any help is greatly appreciated

fred777

n3wb
Reaction score
Many Thanks Del Boy - I used a switch and that did the trick. I had to TFTP a couple of times to get it to work, but the camera is restored!