Fake hikvision NVR

DigitalADHD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
Is there such a think as fake, rebranded or generic Hikvison NVRs and Cameras?
I have an NVR and Cameras that appear to have Hikvision FW but don't say Hikvision anywhere.
Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
Is there such a think as fake, rebranded or generic Hikvison NVRs and Cameras?
I have an NVR and Cameras that appear to have Hikvision FW but don't say Hikvision anywhere.
Thanks!
That doesnt mean its fake...hikvision oems for many brands and some unbranded..

DigitalADHD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So if i cannot find the model on the site how do i check for firmware?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
So if i cannot find the model on the site how do i check for firmware?
If it's relabeled rebranded HIK hardware you need to apply the firmware from the reseller.

Why don't you take picture of the hardware and screen shot the web interface, people here might be able to guide you a bit better.

DigitalADHD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess fake was a nasty way of putting it, I am used to rebranded hardware in the sense where a cisco server or dell server is sold by a third party as an appliance, but not rebranded with non branded software if that makes sense, I don't think there is anything wrong with the NVR, I just want to know more about it, who made it, etc..
Thanks for your time!

Attachments

DigitalADHD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah the front is different as you can see from the pics, but that’s what I found too by googling the model. Are they are reseller or manufacturer? Is this unit any good? Thanks!

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HV OEMs its products to many 3rd parties. I had a HNR30P8-8 which was the same as the DS-7608NI-E2. Externally they looked a bit different but the internals were exactly the same. Even the PCB had a HV logo on it. The only issue was new FW, it won't accept the regular HV FW, you'll need to get new FW from the seller, which can be frustrating.

DigitalADHD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Yeah, i'm experiencing that now, not happy. My fault, i should have done more research and requirement gathering before purchasing, I just trusted my installer. I am not unhappy, I'm just a tinkerer that likes to play with all the features.