Faulty 2CD2042WD-I

Classmaz

n3wb
Reaction score
My hikvision 2CD2042WD-I Stopped working after working for 3 months. The IR is still coming on of a night however the NVR and SADP doesn’t recognise the camera. Do you think it could be a faulty cable/connection? Or is it a case of just replacing the camera?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My hikvision 2CD2042WD-I Stopped working after working for 3 months. The IR is still coming on of a night however the NVR and SADP doesn’t recognise the camera. Do you think it could be a faulty cable/connection? Or is it a case of just replacing the camera?
Check the camera with a known good factory made cable.
If not properly water proofed when installed, it could be the connection or a bad crimp on the cable.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the NVR and SADP doesn’t recognise the camera.
Presuming the camera isn't connected to an NVR PoE port.
If it was - SADP will only see it when the PC is on the same network, such as when connected to an unused NVR PoE port.

Worth trying also is to power the camera from a 12v supply if it's currently on PoE.
Sometimes that works when there has been corrosion damage on the RJ45 connection - which is usually obvious on inspection.
The cables can be replaced if it's thought worth the effort.

Or is it a case of just replacing the camera?
Probably, depending on what a little fault-finding shows up.
Which would be an opportunity to see what later generation cameras are capable of!
Things have moved on so much.