Feature Request - switch profiles based on Digital I/O device status

Andrew S

n3wb
Reaction score
I know that this has been mentioned before and at some point a while ago I read that it was supposed to be coming (although there was no confirmation of this from Ken that I could find), but I could really use a feature that would allow me to switch profiles based on the status of my SeaLevel device. I'm sure this would be useful to serial-port users too (and even camera DIO users).

I know that I can use my SeaLevel device to control traffic light status but it's not as flexible as being able to switch between profiles (since I can't change what's being recorded just by switching the traffic light).

Andrew.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
This is exactly what I am looking for - does anyone know if it was added to Blue Iris or if there is another way of doing something similar in Blue Iris?

Thanks.

Richard

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I am looking for - does anyone know if it was added to Blue Iris or if there is another way of doing something similar in Blue Iris?

Thanks.

Richard
I dont believe so...you need to email support to ask for a feature.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman.

I have subsequently found that it is possible to use the web server to do something similar and am playing with that to try to understand it better - it may work without this feature being implemented. If it doesn't then I will email support.

Richard