Feed two PoE cameras with one network cable

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

PoppyAnn

n3wb
Reaction score
Several years ago I thought of trying to use a standard network cable to carry both data along with power to a HD camera but every time it went dark the camera would drop so many frames that it was not worth doing then a few years later company's started doing it, what I could do was to connect two data cables to a single network cable along with a seperate 12 volt power cable would it be worth it to run 4 camera data cables then run a seperate cable for the power looking at the 4 way splitter I bet you could run data from sets of 4 cameras plus a separate cable for the power so you could get 4 cameras plus power, 8 cameras plus power 12cameras plus power etc I accept that you are having to run one extra cable for the power but by removing the power from the network cables you would cut down on dropped frames.
For myself I just fit one cable for 1 camera using the best cable I can get at the time and whilst this puts up the cost of systems it cuts down on breakdowns, on my own system I have used cat 9 cables to each camera and have had no faults since fitting and I expect the system to last longer than I will last.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I will recommend you a perfect product for your application. POE-Extender02, it can feed two poe cameras with one network cable.

I have used it, it works very well. You can have a try.
I recently installed one of these and it's working flawlessly. The manufacturer (or some of the manufacturers) says max 8W per port but I'm using just a bit more than than 8W in one port and 4W on another without issue.

I've also installed one of these:

EVERSECU POE Combiner Splitter Adapter, Run 2 IP Cameras on 1 Cable, self-Adaptive Compatible with 12/36; 45/78 Powered POE switches and POE NVRs
I prefer this as the device itself stays inside beside the NVR/switch. Only the splitter is outside.

Downside is that a cable with a female jack/keystone may be required if the cameras are any sort of distance apart.

It's also half the price of the splitter.

This allows me to use the 25.5W max output that my NVR provided. So I can even power an IR illuminator off the same port.

So far, so good with these devices. Much easier than running another cable.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.