Few questions on Hikvision NVR

1advancing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,
Noticed this forum while searching for information a lot, thought I'd try to post here.

I have a Hikvision NVR, model: DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P

First of all I'd like to know where I can download the newest firmware for this model, I tried searching Hikvision but can't find it. Clicking update on the web interface say's it has newest one, but I am not too confident in that.
They do have
DS-7616NI-E2/16P, but the firmware listed is older then the one I have.
I have 3.4.62

Second question is I am trying to setup email notifications, I tried GMail, I tried Yandex, Office 365/Microsoft, and outside on-premises Exchange server. Neither seem to work. I did try the application password setup and enabling "less-secure apps" on Gmail. I read some sites and forums that many people have this problem. I am not sure if upgrading the firmware might fix it, as of with current version I do not see option to enable TLS, only option to enable SSL shows.

I have done quiet a bit of setups with security cameras, but trying to advance my knowledge. What options exist in replicating video records onto offsite device, such as FTP? Also I assume it is not available on all NVRs only higher end ones. I would also like to learn more information about connecting to alarm, and other more advanced features, maybe someone that knows can provide link to information on this. Is there a website that shows all of these and other technologies, perhaps tutorials, or everyone kind of learns on their own by research? Thanks.

ipcamgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not a Hikvision expert. I looked at DS7716NI-I4/16P but have not decided to buy yet.
Are your NVR Hikvision US supported?
it seems that the 76xx and 77xx model we just release in spring 2016. May be Hikvision in USA has not come up to speed to release their firmware support?
I recall seeing some topic in the forum about email issue, I would start from there and hope to get some ideas.
sorry I could not contribute more, as I am also trying to learn more from this forum.

1advancing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes it is English version and should be upgradable.
DS7716NI-I4/16P is probably very similar just a little better.
The one I purchased I like it seems to work well if to not consider the problem setting up email but seems like many see this problem on different devices.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Be aware that "DS-7616NI-E2/16P" is a different model, using different firmware, from the "DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P" model.
The important part of the model number is the "Ex" vs Ix" suffix.
Hikvision are using the designation 'K51' in the firmware name for the I-series ,http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/76 77 96 NI-I/
And 'K41' in the name for the 'E-series'. http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/