Fi9821w v2 camera no color

brazeagle

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear all,
Please assist in solving an issue with my FI9821W V2 camera that is the only one showing BLACK and WHITE on the video, or snapshots and email alerts.
I do not have this issue with older model cameras, moreover, the V2 CAMERA is BLACK and WHITE only with Blue Iris, and if I use IPCAM software provided with camera, I get color.

Please help.
Thank you
Blue Iris customer (FULL LICENSE)
LCL
[h=3][/h]

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what it sounds like. Perhaps the camera is locked in IR / night mode.

Edit: n/m, you said it is fine in IPCAM software. Have you tried to remove and re-add the camera in BI? What about a factory / hard reset of the camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OP says that the camera displays color when using the foscam software...which is very strange and not likely to be an night mode issue...

brazeagle

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem - PARTIALLY SOLVED

OP says that the camera displays color when using the foscam software...which is very strange and not likely to be an night mode issue...
Here is what I did to solve the problem...
I factory reset the camera again, installed the three different versions of the firmware one at a time until the latest, all came back to normal, however for whatever reason, when I go wireless after installation and try to open the camera in my browser...it knocks out the PLUG-IN version...becomes BLANK and I cannot access VIDEO on the ip camera tool (viewer) anymore. This has happened since I bought this very problematic camera version.

BLUE IRIS is working and I get colored video, so partially solved as I mentioned in the subject line.

Thank you for the inputs.
Luiz

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh, Foscam never ceases to amaze me. Try a different web browser? Or is Foscam one of those Internet-Explorer-only things?

brazeagle

n3wb
Reaction score
Gosh, Foscam never ceases to amaze me. Try a different web browser? Or is Foscam one of those Internet-Explorer-only things?
You can use other Browsers, BUT...FOSCAM is mostly IE friendly and other browser will have a lot of problems! so no luck...it simply does not work properly...
I am almost moving into a regular security camera sold at BJ's, which is it proven to be free of ALL THESE YEARS OF TROUBLE with FOSCAM.

Cheers
LCL

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try opening IE's developer tools (F12 key) where you can tell IE to work in compatibility modes. IE8 mode typically works best with most cams like this. Just be aware this setting is not persistent, so open the foscam interface first before you change the mode, then refresh the page after, and keep the developer tools open.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FIY. I have a couple of those foscams from a big box store and I access them in FireFox.

I don't recall if I had to use IE to get it all sorted initially. I just know that the firmware path is kinda nuts and confusing when you first get a camera, there's a few things not right, oh update the firmware ... takes an hour to figure out how to sort it all out because of two kinds of firmware, one depends on the other, need to go back several versions, then do it six times in the right sequence to get up to date. Combined with the average camera quality, constant upsell when you contact support and spam - as soon as you contact sales or support, your email is on the list to get anywhere from weekly to daily "sales" notifications.

Since I don't use BI, I just use the foscams as a backup indoor and a pet cam :)

brazeagle

n3wb
Reaction score
With Firefox or Chrome, I get the same problem...no video page, only configuration pages available and when I look at it in DEVICE STATUS, no PLUG-IN version in there, BECOMES BLANK!
If I install the firmware again...it will come back, but as soon as I open WHATEVER browser for the second time, it knock it out again and no video page again!
TIRING...
Tks
Luiz

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It hasn't always presented the plugin thing for me either, with the blue link above the login box, when I first connect from a system; and I recall a similar thing when there was a new version of the plugin; where one system would trigger the update plugin prompt and another would not.

I assume you've done the basic browser troubleshooting of closing it, disabling extensions, clearing cache, etc.

Maybe have a web chat with their support line?

clifford

n3wb
Reaction score
..Plug missing in camera...

It hasn't always presented the plugin thing for me either, with the blue link above the login box, when I first connect from a system; and I recall a similar thing when there was a new version of the plugin; where one system would trigger the update plugin prompt and another would not.

I assume you've done the basic browser troubleshooting of closing it, disabling extensions, clearing cache, etc.

Maybe have a web chat with their support line?

This is caused by internet explorer extension issue.
Go to TOOLS>Manage Addons>.......select SHOW to show ALL addons.....
Scroll to Shenzhen Foscam..........doubleclick ocxIPcam control.....find the one that is for your specific Plug (e.g. 3.0.0.1) or (2.0.2.10)................click "allow on all sites"... and then "Close" the dialogue window.
Now your Plug should show in the Cameras "Status" enunciation.