Figuring out Dahua OEM model of Lorex

Reaction score
I really hope this hasn't been covered already but I'm sure it has. I've spent the last couple of hours reading here trying to figure out how to flash Dahua OEM firmware to some Lorex bullet cams and the best I can understand is the first step is figuring out what the Dahua OEM part number is. That's where I'm currently stuck/unable to find a thread on. If I understand correctly once I'm able to figure out the Dahua part number, finding the appropriate firmware will be the next step and relatively easy. The Lorex model number of the cameras is LNB8921B with a current firmware of V2.460.LR01.4.R

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for deciphering or probing the camera for the Dahua model number?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Maybe see if this gives any useful info, via the browser :
http://<camera_IP_address>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo
That returned,

appAutoStart=true
deviceType=LNB8921B
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=S3LM
serialNumber=
updateSerial=IPC-HFW4830EP-S

I'm going tot take a wild guess that the "IPC-HFW4830EP-S" is the OEM number?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe the P in the model number is some sort of feature identifier (like not having an SD card or soemsuch), but i'm pretty sure it's not NTSC/PAL. yes. N/P is used in the firmware filenames for NTSC/PAL, but not in the mdoel numbers.

In any case, this firmware has IPC-HFW4830EP-S in the check.img file:
tho this is newer:
New Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202.zip

it doesn't help that lorex has different model numbers for what appear to be identical hardware (eg, the lnb8005c, lnb8111c, LNB8921B seem to only differ in the their compatibility with Lorex NVRs, somehow)