Filter alerts not showing any cameras + other questions

badcrc

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using Blue Iris for several months now and slowly digging into it. The other day the UI3 interface popped up when I connected remotely using Firefox 57 (haven't figured out why UI3 doesn't default on Linux FF quantum and FF 60 yet). The first thing I noticed was under "Filter Alerts By" it only shows "all cameras" and "all cameras cycle", not any of my individual cameras, so I have to look through all the alerts for every camera, unlike in jpegpull.htm where I can select a camera and see only alerts for that camera.

Some other questions I have:

1) is there any way to manually record remotely if it's not recording something you want to keep?

2) I still am very annoyed when I go to view a clip and it shows a person walking around or vehicle and while they are still on screen MOVING the recording ends. I've tried lowering the object size to 300 and lowering the minimum duration to 1 second. Do I need to lower that further? Should I change the contrast setting?

3) When you go to view alerts remotely or on the server console, does it show all clips, even the ones moved to stored? I have it set to 200 gb for new clips, 15 days, and 1500gb 60 days for stored on a different drive, but it seems like I don't see clips more than a week or so old and the stored folder isn't using even half the space of the 1500gb.

4) I have Blue Iris on a first gen i7 3ghz (Bloomfield) with 18 gigs ram, win7. I use that PC for Plex and Blue Iris. I have 3 wired HD ip cams, 1 wifi HD ip cam, and 1 wifi non-hd ip cam. I also have it displaying my old analog cctv DVR streams which only has 2 cameras hooked up (not recording those, just streaming). After all these Intel cpu patches (I'm assuming is the reason) I notice everything is lagged on the interface, remote desktop, etc. Any suggestions?

5) related to #4, Blue Iris almost always shows 90-99% cpu usage in the UI, but in task manager it only shows 1-10% cpu usage. Teamviewer shows 20-30% in task manager when I'm using it, but BI is always lower, so why is BI UI showing 99%?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using Blue Iris for several months now and slowly digging into it. The other day the UI3 interface popped up when I connected remotely using Firefox 57 (haven't figured out why UI3 doesn't default on Linux FF quantum and FF 60 yet). The first thing I noticed was under "Filter Alerts By" it only shows "all cameras" and "all cameras cycle", not any of my individual cameras, so I have to look through all the alerts for every camera, unlike in jpegpull.htm where I can select a camera and see only alerts for that camera.

Some other questions I have:

1) is there any way to manually record remotely if it's not recording something you want to keep?

2) I still am very annoyed when I go to view a clip and it shows a person walking around or vehicle and while they are still on screen MOVING the recording ends. I've tried lowering the object size to 300 and lowering the minimum duration to 1 second. Do I need to lower that further? Should I change the contrast setting?

3) When you go to view alerts remotely or on the server console, does it show all clips, even the ones moved to stored? I have it set to 200 gb for new clips, 15 days, and 1500gb 60 days for stored on a different drive, but it seems like I don't see clips more than a week or so old and the stored folder isn't using even half the space of the 1500gb.

4) I have Blue Iris on a first gen i7 3ghz (Bloomfield) with 18 gigs ram, win7. I use that PC for Plex and Blue Iris. I have 3 wired HD ip cams, 1 wifi HD ip cam, and 1 wifi non-hd ip cam. I also have it displaying my old analog cctv DVR streams which only has 2 cameras hooked up (not recording those, just streaming). After all these Intel cpu patches (I'm assuming is the reason) I notice everything is lagged on the interface, remote desktop, etc. Any suggestions?

5) related to #4, Blue Iris almost always shows 90-99% cpu usage in the UI, but in task manager it only shows 1-10% cpu usage. Teamviewer shows 20-30% in task manager when I'm using it, but BI is always lower, so why is BI UI showing 99%?
1- right click on camera, the start manual recording...default is 30 seconds, you can change the default in blue iris options camera
2 - you have something set wrong...could be many things, you will have to post ALL your motion settings as well as what the camera sees...what the video tutorials Blue Iris Video Tutorials
3-you have something set wrong again... see videos
4- use a dedicate machine for blue iris...first gen i7 is flushing money down the toilet as its a powerhog and does not support hardware acceleration...buy a 100 dollar i5-3570 pc..
5 - teamviewer screws with the cpu usage numbers...you need to view on a local monitor to see actual usage.

badcrc

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I'm an idiot. UI3 does display correctly by default in all my browsers, I didn't realize the bookmark I saved included jpegpull.htm in the URL and on the remote PC that shows UI3 by default I was typing in the ip by itself. Also, I see if I select a camera feed in UI3 it shows only the alerts for that camera, but doesn't show any filters for any cameras unless I do that first.

badcrc

n3wb
Reaction score
1- right click on camera, the start manual recording...default is 30 seconds, you can change the default in blue iris options camera
2 - you have something set wrong...could be many things, you will have to post ALL your motion settings as well as what the camera sees...what the video tutorials Blue Iris Video Tutorials
3-you have something set wrong again... see videos
4- use a dedicate machine for blue iris...first gen i7 is flushing money down the toilet as its a powerhog and does not support hardware acceleration...buy a 100 dollar i5-3570 pc..
5 - teamviewer screws with the cpu usage numbers...you need to view on a local monitor to see actual usage.
OK, thanks. So is the only way to view alerts for a specific camera in UI3 to click on the camera first? The "filter alerts by" isn't supposed to show all your cameras when you first login?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, thanks. So is the only way to view alerts for a specific camera in UI3 to click on the camera first? The "filter alerts by" isn't supposed to show all your cameras when you first login?
Read the help file for UI3, upper right corner, click on the 3 vertical dots.
There are many settings in UI3, you can change.