pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe milkisbad has retired. Let this be in his memory

Lts stands for ltsecurity

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha, no I think the Hikvision hacks, or whatever they were, influenced his decision to retire from the forum.

sinjin

n3wb
Reaction score
Nothing but problems since our school's security installer said... "These LTS cameras are just as good as Hikivision but with better firmware and support."

NOT

LTS_Chris

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing but problems since our school's security installer said... "These LTS cameras are just as good as Hikivision but with better firmware and support."

NOT
Hi Sinjin,

What is the issue you're having?

sinjin

n3wb
Reaction score
let's see... so far the only differences I've noticed in the firmware are that (1) the login page is different, (2) firmware updates seem to come slower/later, and (3) several camera settings get reset to default after firmware updates.

as for the cameras themselves... one of the "white label" (i.e. no LTS logo) cameras we were given had an issue and it took over a month for our installer to agree to replace it (because, we were told, LTS support said it was "user error" and not their problem).

I'm trying not to take out my disappointment completely on LTS... our installer was the one who assured us that installing 12 LTS cameras after going with hikivison for the original 12 last year was a good idea. They also were the ones who decided to get 5 different models of LTS cameras giving us a very "patchwork" look and making maintenance even harder. Maybe they just had some leftover from old jobs and gave us those. I dunno -- but we won't be bringing them back.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
let's see... so far the only differences I've noticed in the firmware are that (1) the login page is different, (2) firmware updates seem to come slower/later, and (3) several camera settings get reset to default after firmware updates.

as for the cameras themselves... one of the "white label" (i.e. no LTS logo) cameras we were given had an issue and it took over a month for our installer to agree to replace it (because, we were told, LTS support said it was "user error" and not their problem).

I'm trying not to take out my disappointment completely on LTS... our installer was the one who assured us that installing 12 LTS cameras after going with hikivison for the original 12 last year was a good idea. They also were the ones who decided to get 5 different models of LTS cameras giving us a very "patchwork" look and making maintenance even harder. Maybe they just had some leftover from old jobs and gave us those. I dunno -- but we won't be bringing them back.
The lts cameras are made by hikvision and the firmware is written by hikvision...same thing...simply sounds like your installer is a trunk slammer..note the with LTS as with hikvision, they have both low end cams and higher end cameras.

LTS_Chris

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Sinjin,

What was the issue you were having with the camera that needed to be replaced? Do you have installer's company name? If you want to pm it to me, perhaps we can figure out who he or her spoke with. In my experience, the tech team rarely closes tickets due to "user error." Thanks.

Reaction score
Ive been installing LTSecurity for 5 plus years and have been very pleased with them . Its all about the installers knowledge and ability . You may have just picked the wrong company .