Finally got my my Dahua PTZ mounted

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been recovering from a wrist injury for months which is why I hadn't gotten this one up yet. A couple of weeks ago I got a kick in the butt from the other half about getting some things sorted like finishing the house alarm before we go on holidays soon. It was a very unfortunate time to find out my extension ladder doesn't quite reach my second storey roof so managed to borrow one and a helper as the ladder was too awkward to manhandle alone with overhead powerlines, etc. I figured while I have the ladder I may as well put up the PTZ I haven't put up yet. I got the bracket and camera mounted last week, I went to mount the junction box and she complained about the colour so down in came so she could paint it, etc and in between other jobs this weekend past I mounted it and finished wiring it up. So here it is. I've not really had time to play with it too much other than testing it works as it was Fathers Day yesterday and I finished work quite late today. I've got it powered off a POE+ which seems to work ok except when zooming in and out it seems it overshoot. I'l need to check if that is still the case during daylight. The for sale sign is approximately 70m away. The only lighting is a street light about 12m back from that sign.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good. The focus seems off..did you remove the plastic covering the lens and IR as seen in the second photo?

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the zoomed out pic? I might have taken a snapshot before I let it settle, I think it's still set to semi-auto focus. I'll post another pic tomorrow or something after a bit of a play.

Yes I noticed the plastic after I took the pics so removed it before I took the ladder down.

Vault

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks very good. Great place to install the camera. Do you have pics of the wiring inside?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice Install, I have the same issue you do with the drain gutter, does that get in the way?

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No pics of the wiring as it's just an CAT6 Ethernet cable with a RJ45 plug connected to the cameras keystone and wrapped in coax seal and the power wires connected to a double insulated figure 8. If you're still keen to see inside Mr Vault I'll take a pic later this week when I don't get home in the dark. My only gripe with the cam is they could have left me longer tails for the alarm, audio, power connections.

Yeah the down pipe annoys me a bit as I'd thought the roof plumber would have had the sense to put it around the corner off the side of the gutter but it is what it is now. It doesn't really affect the cam too much as there's not much to see that's interesting that far right.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That kind of mount seems nice as you can use it for 2 sides of the house now i assume.
will need als such a mount for my hikvision ptz once i move.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's just a Dahua standard corner mount, model PFA151. Unsure if it will fit a Hik but no reason you couldn't drill out and tap new holes, etc.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision makes a corner mount for PTZ cameras

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have seen the hikvision one online, never needed it, or could use it. But this shows nicely that you have visison at 2 sides of the house with it.

ronan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey I have the sd-59230s-hn (probably the same camera). I think your focus is off too,

Try zooming in on something during the day time, opening the web browser, going to Camera - Conditions - Zoom, and press the "Lens init" button. Sharpens my image up nicely. I didn't use to have to do this, not sure why it seems to get a little out of focus now.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I don't have a Lens init button there. During the day it's not out of focus and at night it's not always out of focus. What firmware version have you got on yours?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
look for IR Auto correction and make sure its enabled in night profile, or set to auto

you can also play w/some of the focus settings see if you can improve it.. perhaps sensitivity is too high/low.

Attachments

ronan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Copy/paste from my version tab

• Master Version

• 2.210.0004.0.R.A.3013.3N.NR, build : 2015-02-13

• WEB Version

• ONVIF Version

• PTZ Version
  • 2.02.15.RHNPEJ

• Camera Version

I took a small before/after pic of what the button does. It wasn't too bad (this time) to begin with, but the second image is sharper. Might have a play with those settings nayr is talking about.

zoom.PNGzoom2.PNG

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Nayr for the suggestions

And thanks also to Ronan for the feedback.

My cam is:

• Master Version
  • 2.210.0003.0.R.A.3013.3N.NR, build : 2014-11-12

• WEB Version

• ONVIF Version

• PTZ Version
  • 2.02.15.RHNPEJ

So slightly older than yours. I'll have to chase down newer firmware.