Firmware for Dahua IPC-HDW4433C-A

adanhawth

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings, and thank you for the helpful forum...

Does anyone have firmware version 2.621.0000.28.R, Build Date: 2017-09-12 for the Dahua IPC-HDW4433C-A (alias: IPC-HDW4431C-A-V3) cameras? I'm specifically looking for this version and no others (should be English).

Thanks in advance.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a chinese hack camera. When you purchased it it should have said that it was not upgradable. If you try to upgrade it it may turn into a brick.

adanhawth

n3wb
Reaction score
I wasn't too concerned with the upgradeability aspect (and no mention was made in the listing, but I had a feeling)... as long as the bootloader didn't get munged. I've been able to make some progress with it, but wanted to get it back to the original hacked Chn firmware for now. I was hoping someone here had it, but alas, no love.

BTW, for anyone wanting to play with this camera (IPC-HDW4433C-A (alias: IPC-HDW4431C-A-V3)), just don't upgrade the bootloader too far (or at all, is likely best). On more current Chn firmware versions, Dahua version locks via the bootloader. That is, once upgraded, you will *only* be able to flash/tftp the same or newer versions of the firmware partitions (unless you hack it). Likewise, your web UI will be in Chinese (unless you hack it). Enjoy.

LevelX

n3wb
Reaction score
Any progress on these units? I've got some and got some timezone 'issues' that I'm hoping a firmware update will fix.

dhmilton

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 of these units.
Using ONVIF Device Manager to check their configs I can see the following:
One with firmware 2.622.GP01.40.R which claims to have a manufacturer of FINE and Model "IP Camera".
One with firmware 2.621.0000.28.R which reports a manufacturer of Dahua and model of IPC-HDW4433C-A.
Both were bought through Aliexpress, albeit from different suppliers.
The one running 2.621 firmware refuses to keep a timezone setting, whereas the one running 2.622 seems fine.
I would love to get the firmware from the working one onto the non-working one, but can't see how to extract it, and can't find a download of it anywhere.
I am fully aware that nearly all these cameras are listed as non-upgradeable etc,

LevelX

n3wb
Reaction score
The one running 2.621 firmware refuses to keep a timezone setting, whereas the one running 2.622 seems fine.
Sounds similar issue to me. My isn't moving DST correctly on my timezone!

Looks like one of those sellers botched up the firmware ;)

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just cracked open mine to see what it was like, and it turns out it's already wired for a microSD card- just add the socket.

So I did. Unfortunately the OS doesn't see it (yet) but the pin-outs looked good. I don't have the schematic for the Hisilicon chip to check to make sure the data lines went through, but everything *seem*ed ok.

I need to attach a serial console and see what I'm getting across the wire.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi,
Im having the same timezone issue and now im looking for a firmware update, should or can I do this and will be get bricked ?

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can upgrade with the original Chinese firmware but everything will be in Chinese after upgrade.

So, you're choice.

Ps, use the correct firmware for your camera

Last edited:

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can upgrade with the original Chinese firmware but everything will be in Chinese after upgrade.

So, you're choice.

Ps, user the correct firmware for your camera
Its interesting. You can set the feature flag from the recovery /serial console, and it sticks. So you can define your camera however you want.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by setting the feature flag via serial console?
Could you explain?

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by setting the feature flag via serial console?
Could you explain?
At the console you can set various flags, including telling the device it has onboard memory or is a different region. I found it interesting.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, thought you had found something to crack this camera to use it with "english" language. :)

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, thought you had found something to crack this camera to use it with "english" language. :)
Well, it was 'english' so... don't know. I've got a dump of the whole firmware somewhere. Been meaning to look at it with 'all my free time'. ....