firmware language mismatch question

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just acquired my second ds-2cd2032-i. It seems to be the chinese version running v5.2.0, all seemed to be ok, but I stupidly upgraded it to v5.3.0. Now it gives me 'firmware language mismatch' when I try to log on to it. Please can some kind person give me the simplest solution to this? I've downloaded tftp and firmware v5.2.0, but not sure what to do next?

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You mean there's some kind of language problem on your Hikvision camera after you've changed the firmware?

Sorry never heard of this before. Could try searching the board maybe - long shot but worth a try.

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Logging on to the camera 'ip address into firefox'
I get:
[h=2]Access Error: 404 -- Not Found[/h]firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If camera is in Chinese, you could just use google translate to read the info. But never update the firmware and brick the camera (as most people did).

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you!
Camera now working on 5.2.5 and I can log on to it again. However, the menu is in chinese.
Mtd hack 5.2.5 & 5.2.8 Full English is it now? Wow, looks complicated!
I don't quite get why the firmware upgrade just done, doesn't give me English?

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Attempting the mtd hack. Putty fails to connect to ip (192.168.1.65) of camera port 23. 'connection error connection timed out'

Last edited by a moderator:

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah right, that works now, didn't see any mention of that in the tutorial. Thanks. Will try the rest tomorrow now.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
any way to get this link back online.
Yes, assuming it's a Chinese camera that's had EN firmware loaded, you can unbrick, convert to EN, and fully update using this method :

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, any way to get this link back online. i cant get it to come up. thanks
Getting this error on my DS-2CD2232-I5
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib
An easy transition from the Chinese version of the ip camera R0 series to the European version is possible using the service firmware. Follow the link to my blog page
Download the file and update the firmware from the camera's web interface, or by other available methods, then restart the camera