Firmware problem newbie

Paulz32

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a DS2 cd2332 i, i believed it to be a European camera but i think it may be a Chinese one with the research i have been doing online. Trying to get in touch with the reseller but it looks like they do not exist anymore!

I had firmware 5.2.5 and had difficulty getting the nas hdd to format when using nfs due to the volume size being to large. After googling about the problem others had had luck with firmware 5.3.0. I updated the firmware now my camera doesnt seem to be working correctly at all. Looking at the symptoms and reading on here it seems like it may be a Chinese camera.

If i had came to this forum first i would not have upgraded after seeing all the threads about it.

Anyway i need to see if i can get hold of the 5.2.5 firmware for the Chinese cameras with English language and a link to the Hikvision Tftp auto update as the Hikvison website does not have it on anymore?

Please can someone help and advise?

Paulz32

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much, downgraded and working again! Thanks for being patient with someone who was pretty ignorant with these cameras and firmware.
How can you tell if you have a Chinese camera? Will the serial number tell you?