Firmware update help. DS-2CD2120F-I

Reaction score
I'm just finding out HikVision support is terrible. I want to upgrade the firmware on these cameras but didn't find them on there firmware site. Can anyone assist. Their technical support was no help at all even after I provided serial numbers.

NVR Model: DS-7608NI-EV2/8P
6 Dome Model: DS-2CD2120F-I

The devices came as a kit with cameras and NVR.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What version is currently on them?
What's the driver to update them?
Maybe these - but not 100% sure:
Value Series
DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Yeah, I was browsing all over there. Hikvision support is garbage. They kept telling me check with the dealer. This is not a grey market camera so why cant they help. It's their product. The Camera's are on firmware version : V5.4.3 build 170315. Is this Firmware safe ?

I saw this page as well yesterday ( Value Series) but my model has F-I at the end, the one on the page is DS--2CD2120. Are they cross compatible or the same thing ? Wouldn't want to brick the cameras. I asked hikvision support and they did not give me a definitive answer. Also, I'm not sure what the driver is ? Where can I find this ? I also see that firmware has *** indicating its special firmware. Anyone knows what that means ?

Reaction score
Security purposes it was my understanding that to prevent backdoors and such it's best to be on latest firmware. My cameras are setup on my lan with internet. I did not open any ports or port forward however. I use a vpn to access them remotely.
What I meant was - "What's driving you to want to update the firmware?"
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score

what is the latest version 5.4.83 or 5.4.800.
and v5.4.83 version neu and std firmware. what is difference. thank you.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They rarely help end users , specially in regard cameras that are from previous century :)