Firmware update help for DS-2CD2347G2-LU cams

ckcam1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to Hikvision and was hoping for some clarification on the correct way to upgrade my camera firmware which is currently several versions behind the latest firmware.

I have an 8ch Hikvision NVR with 6 x DS-2CD2347G2-LU cameras. They were purchased in Jan 22 and I updated the G5 units to 5.7.2_211109 which was the most current time firmware at the time. They are now being deployed and I have noticed that the latest firmware is several versions newer.

My understanding is that these cameras can be quite easily bricked and I was wondering if there is a specific upgrade path one has to follow? Or can I download the latest firmware and upgrade straight to that? The local Hikvision website (Australia) suggests the latest version locally is 5.7.12_230523.

Any advice on the correct way to update firmware that is several releases behind would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Chris

ckcam1

n3wb
Reaction score
That's not my experience, nor have I seen any posts about that on ipcamtalk.
Where have you seen concerns like that?
I was warned by the authorised supplier when I purchased the system that I had to ensure I was using the correct firmware to avoid bricking them. They provided the initial update files.

As I've had very little experience with upgrading firmware on them, I'm a little apprehensive.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The current firmware for these cameras does a pretty good job of validating the firmware you try to load, and will reject anything that's not a match, and also any versions that are older than currently installed.

You've already shown that you know it's a G5 series firmware, so you should be able to pick a match with confidence.
The main thing to take care of is if the camera or firmware has a letter in brackets after the name, such as (B), which means it is for a model with slightly different hardware (chip shortage).
Make sure to read the release notes for the firmware you download. They clearly state the models it applies to.

ckcam1

n3wb
Reaction score
The current firmware for these cameras does a pretty good job of validating the firmware you try to load, and will reject anything that's not a match, and also any versions that are older than currently installed.

You've already shown that you know it's a G5 series firmware, so you should be able to pick a match with confidence.
The main thing to take care of is if the camera or firmware has a letter in brackets after the name, such as (B), which means it is for a model with slightly different hardware (chip shortage).
Make sure to read the release notes for the firmware you download. They clearly state the models it applies to.
Thanks for the info and reassurance Alastair. I got a mix of G3 and G5 cams depending on their focal lengths. The G3 units are sorted because updates seem to have stopped. It's the G5 units I'm hoping to sort out now.

Appreciate your feedback regarding the letters after the name. I'm seeing a lot of (C) on the Aus website and didn't know what it related to. That now make sense so I'll read the notes to verify I'm all good and will go from there :)