firmware updates and panning questions with the IPC-T5442T-ZE

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got a IPC-T5442T-ZE to try out and am having a couple of issues. First, I thought firmware updates would be on the dahua site (DahuaWiki). I don't see 5442 in the list. Do I need to look under a different name?

The other issue is that going through the camera directly to set it up, I can't pan at all. I can zoom. But, no panning. Am i missing something here? I've never had a ptz camera, so maybe I'm just unaware of something, I'm not sure.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got a IPC-T5442T-ZE to try out and am having a couple of issues. First, I thought firmware updates would be on the dahua site (DahuaWiki). I don't see 5442 in the list. Do I need to look under a different name?

The other issue is that going through the camera directly to set it up, I can't pan at all. I can zoom. But, no panning. Am i missing something here? I've never had a ptz camera, so maybe I'm just unaware of something, I'm not sure.
The camera is not a ptz camera. Its a is a varifocal.
EMPIRETECANDY posts firmware updates for the cam on the this forum.

Reaction score
Why do you want to update firmware? Is there an issue that the new firmware will fix? When it comes to cams and firmware, if it is not broken, don't fix it.