Firmware upgrade (odd) issue

dimuc

n3wb
Reaction score
Note: I did post this on another forum in case some of you have seen this before but had no response, so here goes....

I am trying to upgrade my Hikvision PTZ Dome camera but it seems to brick my camera! as a result the camera shows unreachable/offline in SADP.

I have tried the following procedures and the outcome is always the same, the only way I can recover the camera is by using the TFTP utility.

1) via NVR updating the camera firmware
2) login to the camera UI and browse to firmware and upgrade
3) Use TFTP with the recent firmware via NVR
4) Using TFTP with recent firmware direct over POE adapter
5) When I use a laptop and camera connected over POE, I see the camera in SADP, but I cant seem to launch the UI in the browser.

In addition i have tried the following firmware scenarios.

1) downgrade firmware
2) upgrade to incremental firmware version
3) upgrade to next full release version
4) upgrade to latest release version

Oddly! the only firmware that I can TFTP flash successfully is the firmware installed!

NVR and camera purchased from ezcctv UK, there are other non dome cameras on my network that seem to update ok.

Camera: DS-2DF8223I-AEL
Camera Firmware: 5.3.8 build 150722

NVR Model: DS-7716NI-I4/16P
NVR Firmware: 4.1.10 build 171107 (latest)

So Iam kind of stumped as to whats going on here and therefore reaching out to any experts on here who can help?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It could be down to a mismatch between the camera and the specific firmware you have tried.
You haven't specified where you are getting the different versions of firmware from.

dimuc

n3wb
Reaction score
It could be down to a mismatch between the camera and the specific firmware you have tried.
You haven't specified where you are getting the different versions of firmware from.
Firmware was downloaded form Hik portal.

dimuc

n3wb
Reaction score
Interestingly I have just noticed that the Hikportal appears to have been restructured in relation to fimware. In addition firmware for my cameras have been updated (deleted and new) and the firmware I am currently running is no longer listed.

Link below list the firmwares for my Darkfighter camera.
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I will try and upgrade the camera based on the next incremental firmware and let you know how I get on.
Baseline Firmware_IPC_R3 series_En_V5.4.0 160414(Released)

Thanks @alastairstevenson for prompting me to check :)

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please follow the steps to upgrade: V5.2.0->V5.3.0->V5.4.0

Skipping intermediate versions in upgrading may cause unpredicable problems.