goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i bought a used HP JG539A POE Switch
Will use dedicated computer as a server with BI software
I have a 40X80 rectangle house on 35 acres, no trees, plus a big shop and barn
going to start at house, with at least 2 cam aimed at shop door
Was thinking of
2)New Arriving IP Camera IPC-T5442TM-AS 4MP Starlight+ WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera , free DHL shipping - IP Cam Talk Store at the 2 main entry points of my house facing outside
2)New Arriving IPC-T2431T-AS 4MP Starlight WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera PoE ,free DHL shipping - IP Cam Talk Store inside pointed into the 2 main entry points to prove entry
2)Hot Selling IPC-T5442T-ZE 4MP Starlight IR Vari-focal Eyeball Network Camera , free DHL shipping - IP Cam Talk Store at 2 corners of the house. 1 of which pointing in the driveway where people access my house/yard.
IDK if that would give enough basic entry level coverage
I cant start out buying 37 cams at one time, i need to ease into it, and also see where im lacking on coverage

There will be no inside cams other than one in garage and one in basement rear entry
or would i be better served with 4-6 or the cheaper small cams in various up close and personal areas?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
sounds like a good plan. Lens Calculator can help you with lens sizes and positions aprox. but best is to buy 1 T554T -ZE set up a test rig(search forum here for test rigs) and use that for determining your exact locations and lens sizes. Also the DORI distances listed on the cameras spec sheet gives you an Idea. cameras should be no higher than 8 ft.
bob2.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Hard to say without seeing things better but generally speaking that sounds like a pretty good start. As long as you don't mind the size of the 2431s inside.

There's a sale starting soon on these cams. See here:

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hard to say without seeing things better but generally speaking that sounds like a pretty good start. As long as you don't mind the size of the 2431s inside.

There's a sale starting soon on these cams. See here:
the one inside will be in the garage, so its not an issue
the other is in the basement, so not really where a lot of traffic will be
Im aware on the sale, which is why i want to get multiple cameras at once, rather than buying one varying camera and experimenting and getting 1-2 at a time if that makes sense.
house is 40X80
main walk through entry is dead in the center of the 80' raised 2' up and is a covered porch
one 12' garage door on one end, with a man door on the rear of said garage.
one walk out basement door, again covered
other than that, think big farm house and area
mainly want to get the house for now, but i will probably get a varifocus/zoom to mount to the house aimed at my shop that is 50' from the house

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so dumb question
If i have a good poe switch and plan on using BI, what would be the reason to also use an NVR
Redundancy? i get that
Anything else?

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so dumb question
If i have a good poe switch and plan on using BI, what would be the reason to also use an NVR
Redundancy? i get that
Anything else?
Well, another benefit is you can become both BI and NVR problem solving wizard and helping people here in the future.:D

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
so dumb question
Redundancy? i get that
Anything else?
you can hide the NVR, so if someone steals your BI machine or hard drive fails you will still have a backup hard drive on NVR.