First post....need some urgent advice.

Mello03

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys I'm in a situation where I need some educated advice quickly. Cliff notes here. I'm an HOA president and we have had tons of issues with a particular neighbor. Many fines etc...... End result last Saturday was nine .40 cal rounds into the side of my house. Two entered the house. Absolutely nuts. We will move eventually, but until then I need to upgrade my system. My system is POE. I have an LTS NVR with 2 varifoval 4mp bullet cameras covering the front. Cheap Zmodo 720 poe in the back. I can't get the Zmodo to work with my LTS NVR. Won't power the cams etc.....I want to ditch the Zmodo cams anyway and get 3 more (probably dome) cameras, 2 in the back and one on the front door. I'll most likely go with Hikvision since they make LTS for ease of use. I'm willing to spend 600 plus on 3 cameras. I plan on adding some supplemental lighting to assist the night IR. What would you go with? Sorry in advance as I've been trying to do as much research as quickly as possible. Thanks in advance.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bullets entering your house? I think you need to call the police rather than upgrade your cctv system!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are some real brains on here Mello03, LOL

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks I'll check em out!

Call the cops? Never even thought about that :rolleyes:
Well, then the problem should be behind bars? Your post implies that this person is still a threat

We will move eventually, but until then I need to upgrade my system

Why should you move exactly?

Mello03

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, yes the person should be behind bars. This is a very complicated situation with much BS. I shouldn't have to move but we planned on moving long before this even happened. Until they catch this guy I want a better system. I'll take all the cameras with me when I move so it's an investment.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely upgrade that system asap! The cameras that @Q2U recommended are great and widely used throughout this forum. I also recommend a Glock ;)

Last edited:

Mello03

n3wb
Reaction score
Definitely upgrade that system asap! The cameras that @Q2U recommended are great and widely used throughout this forum. I also recommend a Glock ;)
Thanks! Mr. Glock goes everywhere with me these days.

dalepa

Reaction score
I know that the HOA can really piss people off, but send bullets to my house and I would immediately resign.

I don't know why all HOAs don't require cameras in the neighborhood. Our HOA wants to replace our fences for 2 million. Why not put up huge turrets cameras and stop crime at the entry points and central mailboxes instead is my vote.

Cameras stop honest thieves, sounds like you have real crime going on.

Mello03

n3wb
Reaction score
I've struggled with resigning, but I just can't do it yet. I know it's stupid. It's a nice neighborhood and all my neighbors are currently putting up systems. They're all very supportive. I know they'd all come to my funeral :D

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles mellow. I suggest signs in addition to cameras. In my opinion, Sometimes criminals don't see cameras. And sometimes when criminals see cameras they turn away and go to a softer target. Aulthough I'm not a criminal, I'd personally rather target a location without a dog, without barb wire, without a fence, without an alarm, without an armed the owner or without cameras. IMO, cameras help harden and your residence and make it a less attractive target; why make certain that the bad guys know the cameras are there by employing sinage?

Mello03

n3wb
Reaction score
LOL. Thanks fellas milkisbad hooked me up with 4 cameras. Fast! Good dude