First System, confused about which camera will be right for my house

Reaction score
Hi guys,
hope my post is in the right thread. I work different shifts monthly, travel a lot and had my solar power lights stolen from my front yard. More importantly my little lady said she wanted one lol.
I've been doing more research on this and it's making my eyes bleed. This will be my first system.
Here's what my needs. Clarity/quality, night vision (up to 75 ft), ease of use/hookup, price, varifocal/autofocus. I am either 5 or 6 cameras with an 8ch NVR hooked up to my receiver then 55in Tv. I would like to spend less then a grand but will go up to $1,500 (possibly) includes the price of the NVR. I really don't want to come hear that price if I can avoid it though I know you get what you pay for.

i attached a very professional :rolleyes::cool: drawing of my house and my layout plan.

2 cameras on the front porch. One will be facing the door (appx 10ft away) and the other will face the walk way/driveway (total distance 50-60ft)

2 cameras on the side of the house. One under the side porch facing the door (5 ft away) and the other will face the drive way (total length appx 75ft).

1 in the back to cover the yard. Which will be in the shade most of the day.

Night time is mainly dark in the backyard and the front is lit by my solar power lights, porch light and a street light about 100ft away.

The east side of the house has all day. The front porch morning sun but shade the rest of the day.

so for my choices, here's what I am thinking:

DAHUA IPC-HFW4421s,
DAHUA IPC-HFW2320R-ZS
Dahua Stellar H2.65 4MP IPC-HFW4431M-I2

I also read that the Longese LRDC60S500, Huisun
SCB405IP-V10 are also recommended.

For NVR I am thinking
DAHUA NVR5208-8 or NVR5232-8P-4KS2.

i would like to get 2 solid state hard drives.

thoughtts, suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
dont put a solid state drive in an NVR..you are paying lots extra for nothing and you will be sacrificing storage capacity...

barryrod

n3wb
Reaction score
SSDs are essentially Flash Drives and have a finite write lifetime. Security cameras recording 24/7 to them I imagine would significantly lower their life

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
SSDs are essentially Flash Drives and have a finite write lifetime. Security cameras recording 24/7 to them I imagine would significantly lower their life
Welcome to the forum. It depends on how much you record...for example a crucial mx300 750gb ssd is rated at 220TB..so you can write 5 tb month and get 4 years out of it easy. SSD's have been proven to last WAY longer than spec - 5-10 times longer.....http://techreport.com/review/27909/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-theyre-all-dead/2
.the issue is cost vs benefit when it comes to video...
For pc, each and every one should have the OS and software on an SSD.

barryrod

n3wb
Reaction score
That is some good test data there, thanks

I have a couple of servers I use sandisk USB micro flash drives for the OS. They boot up fast and leaves the HDDs for the applications.

Reaction score
That is an interesting read..some information/specs are little above my level of knowledge but I get the jest of what they are saying.

Thanks for sharing