First Time IP Camera User

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That Amcrest picture looks pretty good but it's a shame for it's price that there's no optical zoom.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
No doubt that the Annke picture is way behind the Amcrest picture but we aren't comparing apples to oranges here. Look at the file sizes. HUGE difference between the 68K Annke and the 1.5 meg Amcrest pictures that isn't taken into account by the resolution difference. Is the quality/bitrate turned way down and/or JPEG compression turned way up on the Annke somehow? If that's the best it can do then I guess it was a design decision rather than just having some changeable settings kill the picture quality.

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good point. I have packed up the ANNKE to return now so cant check. The pics pretty much look how they appear on the live stream. As I said the Amcrest outputs to BMP over the ANNKE's JPEG and was, I think, over 3-4MB in size before I converted it down to the JPEG at 1.5MB.

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Not much point if it is packed up but 68k is sized like a crappy postage stamp even for 720p rather than you not compressing the BMP enough. Good you found something you like that's working for you. Got any night pictures?

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will try and do one tonight. I forgot to set the ANNKE back to factory defaults so will check it again when I do that.

Jerry

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok did this in a hurry. 750K JPEG image from the Amcrest in pitch black with camera IR lit. Probably not as good as I would have hoped. Maybe I need to change some settings ?

24943936565_22418c20c2_o.jpg

:redface-new:

Actually looking at other camera night shots its not terrible.

I tried the ANNKE again and the software is terrible after using the Amcrest. Tried another picture and no way to change the snapshot sizes, overall very few setting options.

I set it back to factory settings and packed it up ready to ship back Amazon :)

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator: