First time setting up security system

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you think I should just go with a 9900k or another intel cpu?
I think you should start with the system you currently have. If you have substreaming enabled, it should be able to handle the cameras fine. If you don't use motion detection or substreaming, it should be able to handle the cameras as long as you aren't viewing all of them at the same time. From there it will be obvious whether you need a monster PC or not. As I said earlier, it is trivial to activate/deactivate Blue Iris and transfer the settings between PCs.

Reaction score
I think you should start with the system you currently have. If you have substreaming enabled, it should be able to handle the cameras fine. If you don't use motion detection or substreaming, it should be able to handle the cameras as long as you aren't viewing all of them at the same time. From there it will be obvious whether you need a monster PC or not. As I said earlier, it is trivial to activate/deactivate Blue Iris and transfer the settings between PCs.
Yeah I'm going to test it out with the current build that I have and get one of the WD purples so I'm not just using the 4tb that's inside the NVR my cameras came with.