First time setup, cameras not working

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It appears it is allowed through firewall. Still no luck.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just going through this again, the very first image you posted has an error message for Camera 3 as "The User..."
From post 20 we can see part of the camera IP address as 192.168.1.
This will be the default IP 192.168.1.64 and his camera Lan is 192.168.254.* therefore it will never connect with the supplied password.

t appears it is allowed through firewall. Still no luck.
Try running SADP as administrator. And it needs both outgoing and in incoming firewall access
The USB-Lan dongle may not work with SADP.
Is there someone you know with a laptop that could help onsite?

They are hacked cameras therefore firmware must not be updated.
The Chinese suppliers also have a note on there sites that in order to make them plug/play to set the NVR password to what’s on the camera box for the first setup.
In this case as you have other working cameras you need to be very careful to not lock yourself out of them.

Good luck
Rusty.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ya, I'll try it on another computer tomorrow.

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From post 20 we can see part of the camera IP address as 192.168.1.
This will be the default IP 192.168.1.64 and his camera Lan is 192.168.254.* therefore it will never connect with the supplied password.
Just so I am clear on this. The NVR normally uses a different IP Structure for the Camera 'network' managed by the Internal NIC. All HikVision Cameras come with the same (or versions of the same) number which does not match the NVR structure. SADP Tool is just a user operated version of what the NVR does with every new Camera you plug in to the back of it. It changes the structure of the IP to suit its purpose but will only do so when the password is seen to match. As long as you have the password right you can change the IP address to anything you want with SADP, isn't that what it is for.

vette-kid did you purchase the NVR and all the Cameras from Empire Tech as a set or is there a chance that the password known to the NVR will be different to these affected Cameras ?

Maybe it is time to go back to basics as the SADP version issue was a bit of a side track. vette-kid, did you make the connection with your PC using the USB-Ethernet dongle exactly as DGWASW described way back in Post #11 ? If so and you are getting something on line with SADP Tool then the dongle should be working OK. Just to be sure though, disable your Wi-Fi when doing this so that you know that you are only dealing with the Ethernet connection.

Failing that, you may need to set the IP address of each Camera in turn using SADP Tool to the target number required of each channel of the NVR. Probably best to do this connected separately to a router with the IP address and PC address set in the Cameras original target range of 192.168.1.* If you don't have a PoE source then you could use a 12v DC plug pack. You do need to have some basic understanding of network settings to undertake this though and this site will be a good source of additional knowledge that may help fill any gaps.

Here is a good thread to start.

Looking at your first photo posted again, to the left on the table top is a document with a title along the lines of 'ATTENTION ~ Secure Activation Procedure'. I don't suppose that would be of any help in this case ?

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just so I am clear on this. The NVR normally uses a different IP Structure for the Camera 'network' managed by the Internal NIC
That's correct. See attached PDF
By default now Hikvision ships all cameras with a default IP of "192.168.1.64" " user admin" "no password."
They are true Plug and play to a Hikvision NVR just plug in and they obtain the NVR log in password and the internal NIC IP for the POE port.
I had one arrive today unpacked it, connected in to a spare port and 15 seconds later is on line.

By connecting a laptop with SADP to a spare POE NVR camera port it's possible to edit a non connected camera address from 192.168.1.64 to match the internal NIC camera port.

From what has been posted I believe "vette-kid" has his own password on the NVR and has connected two non hacked cameras by plug/play.They will now have a IP in the range of 192.168.254.* and his own Password from the NVR. (see post 1)

The hacked cameras are not true plug and play for the first set up unless the NVR password is the same as the hacked cameras.
That why we need SADP to change the camera address from "192.168.1.64" to match to POE port. Then they should connect with manual password input.
Once connected the password can be edited and port change to plug/play.

Method two was with the other cameras removed, change the NVR password to match the hacked cameras password set the port as plug/play, then if the hacked cameras has DHCP they will connect. Once all are connected change the NVR password to his own one and it will transfer this to all connect cameras.From there he can reconnect his other cameras.

There's a third method to connect these.You need a 12V DC power supply for the camera, disconnect a computer from the network, set its IP to use 192.168.1.0 range and connect the camera direct to the Lan point. Goggle and this forum is your friend here.

Attachments

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's correct. See attached PDF
Sorry DGWASW, but are you trying to sell me an NVR or help the OP ?

The 3 options you mention are all workable and they all carry some degree of risk. Andy from Empire Tech offered to follow up as his commercial obligation and that is probably the best course to follow as a first step.

Failing that, the measures you have outlined should be investigated. In the meantime, any research that vette-kid does on the matter can only be helpful as a learning process and in solving the issue.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I'm in SADP with a different computer now that had an actual ethernet port. The error message now just says "time out" after selecting modify. Firewall is temporarily of to ensure no conflict and I can see both the camera and the nvr. Interestingly I get the same error if i try modifying the nvr. Not sure what to think now.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, success, BUT...I disconnected the two working cameras, then changed the nvr password to match that of the hacked cameras. Camera then shows up with plug and play.

If I understand correctly, once all hacked camera's are connected and running, I then change the password back to what it was with original working cameras and push that to the hacked versions and I can reconnect my other cameras? Confirm these steps will not brick my other good cameras?

1: disconnect all cameras
2: reset NVR password to hacked camera default
3: plug and play hacked cameras
4: reset password back to my original
5: reconnect non hacked cameras

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Reread a few thread as well as DGWASW post here just to confirm and went for it. All 8 camera's are now functioning. Thanks to all for the input and helping out a new guy. Learning a lot in a short time!

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the input and helping out a new guy. Learning a lot in a short time!
That's great to hear vette-kid.

Kudos for sticking at it and having a go. Maybe let EMPIRETECHANDY know that you are all good too.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's great to hear vette-kid.

Kudos for sticking at it and having a go. Maybe let EMPIRETECHANDY know that you are all good too.
I sent him a message.

Funny thing is I still don't know why sadp won't work. It still doesn't. Not that I need it now....until I do.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It detects the camera, it just won't do anything with it