Flashing Dahua firmware on OEM cameras

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the 5mp QSee QC888 POE system from Costco last year.

The cameras are QSee QCN8099B, which I'm about 99.9% sure is really the Dahua IPC-HFW1531S. Specs and everything are identical.

I'm trying to get the cameras to work with my new QNAP Nas. It doesn't support the Qsee cams, but does "support" the Dahua model.

So all that said, would it be feasable to flash the Dahua firmware on the Qsee camera? My concerns are bricking the camera, or having it no longer work with it's own NVR if I want to go back.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put here frmware to your ipc or better flash dump ;)
This is the firmware for my QSee. I Can't actually find a Dahua firmware.

If you add the camera as the Dahua model, and get the message 'Camera model mismatch', that can be safely ignored, it's informational, not fatal.
If I add it under the Dahua model, it doesn't work or connect at all. I suspect Qsee tweaked things just enough to screw up interoperability. :/

tsviper

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you every figure this out? I have the same cameras and was thinking of trying to flash them with the latest firmware from Dahua.

tsviper

n3wb
Reaction score
So I tried to flash this camera with the latest Dahua equivalent firmware but unfortunately it won't take the firmware update and just reboots back with the original firmware. Similar to what the NVR does. Q-see must have put some firmware checks in place to prevent this from happening.

tsviper

n3wb
Reaction score
Try it with old ConfogTool or you need open your ipc, connect to ttl & update
Thank you iTuneDVR...I was just reading the post RE using TTL. I didn't know about trying the old ConfigTool...happen to know what version or where to get the right one?

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks iTuneDVR! I was hoping that scoob8000 had tried it first with success before I give it a shot.
Sorry, I never did try it. Well I tried a few files like you mention, but they just reboot and the cam stays on the old version.

I forget what kind of functionality I was trying to get out of them. I ended up ditching the NVR and building a small PC to run Blue Iris on and I'm doing all my motion detection stuff there.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, I never did try it. Well I tried a few files like you mention, but they just reboot and the cam stays on the old version.
It mean than name of oem device & name inside firmware fil ie s not tne same & nvr reboot. Need correct or try update via ttl.
It's not the big problem, but if you use other solution so ...

Last edited:

tsviper

n3wb
Reaction score

I forget what kind of functionality I was trying to get out of them. I ended up ditching the NVR and building a small PC to run Blue Iris on and I'm doing all my motion detection stuff there.
Thanks scoob8000. I appreciate the reply. Not sure what features I would really gain by upgrading so not sure if it’s worth pursuing anyway.