Flir camera distorted when recording software starts

Ozone31912

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been troubleshooting this one for a while and can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Flir N336ZD1 running the latest firmware (2.210.GM00.0.R, build : 2014-08-29) becomes distorted and at points, becomes almost unresponsive, if I open either iSpy, or Sighthound.

I have checked to make sure only ONE software program is accessing the camera at a time.

I can connect to the camera through internet explorer and set it back to default settings which restores it back a normal working camera. It only becomes distorted when I open either iSpy or Sighthound.

It has been doing this for a couple weeks now, and I have tried connecting it directly to the router in various combinations. So far not a switch or connection issue.

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screenshot of the camera settings .

Does the distoration occurred only when you start viewing, or all the time e you are viewing ?

Are you using any wifi? Camera to network or viewer to network.

Ozone31912

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay.

If I have the camera added to iSpy, the image will look like it is above. If I remove the camera from iSpy, I can connect to the camera by browser (where the picture quality is still like above) and then reset to default settings. It will then function perfectly until I add it back to iSpy. All are wired in, this camera is connected to a 100mb switch that is shared with one other camera (that is operating perfectly fine) then to a gigabyte switch which is connected to my PC.

I am starting to believe the issue might be an issue with port forwarding. Here's a photo of my UPnP settings, suggesting maybe those ports aren't being forwarded correctly.

upnp settings.jpg

and below are my IP settings:

ip settings.jpg

I am accessing the camera through iSpy. I am trying to connect the camera through RTSP. If I try to connect to the camera via JPEG URL, I get 0.2 frames per second (the picture doesn't change colors like above, however).

In my router, I am currently port forwarding the following ports to my Xbox and media PC, not sure if this is causing a conflict:

Plex TCP/UDP 32400
Xbox 53 TCP/UDP 53
Xbox 80 TCP 80
Xbox 88 UDP 88
Xbox 500 UDP 500
Xbox 3544 UDP 3544
Xbox 4500 UDP 4500
Xbox 3074 TCP/UDP 3074

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are upnp and port forwarding you may be hacked.

Are you accessing the camera on the local internet or remote.

Are you using WiFi ?

Can you set the frame rate and Iframe value to 15. Provide screen shot of the camera settings.