Focal length?

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When trying to figure the focal length to ensure you get the correct fix lens camera, how is the height of the camera mounted factored in?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
The height affects everything.

Here is a post showing how setting the distance to ID and focal length and then changing the height will vary the dead zone under the camera. There is a link to the tool, try it out.

Below is the link to my thread that I usually post whenever someone asks about cam placement, focal length, and height. It shows the difference that can be had by changing mounting height or going with a more appropriate focal length. In some instances I would have thought that going full 12mm on the varifocal would have been life changing, but it wasn't. However, compared to a similarly positioned 2.8mm it was night/day, but until you see what you can see (or not see) with a given focal length it can be hard to visualize what will work for a specific location.

Reaction score
The height affects everything.

Here is a post showing how setting the distance to ID and focal length and then changing the height will vary the dead zone under the camera. There is a link to the tool, try it out.

Below is the link to my thread that I usually post whenever someone asks about cam placement, focal length, and height. It shows the difference that can be had by changing mounting height or going with a more appropriate focal length. In some instances I would have thought that going full 12mm on the varifocal would have been life changing, but it wasn't. However, compared to a similarly positioned 2.8mm it was night/day, but until you see what you can see (or not see) with a given focal length it can be hard to visualize what will work for a specific location.

Thank you for the thread link. You made my day. Academic challenges often come knocking at the most inconvenient times. Late one night, faced with a mountain of assignments, I stumbled upon this Custom Essay Writing Service | 200+ Writers | CustomWriting custom writing service. Little did I know, it would be my lifeline – an unwavering support system, standing guard 24/7 against the unpredictable tides of academia.
Thank you for the thread link. You made my day :)

Last edited: