For those that do not know...use IE browser for Dahua (and others?) camera GUI to see more options

Reaction score
I've been using Chrome since I bought my first Dahua camera from Andy last year (the good 'ol 4231's). I was able to log in, see menu options, do the config, save, logout....all done. Always wondered how folks were able to see the AI detection boxes livestream and other stuff which I thought could only be seen on a Dahua NVR.
Up until I recently bought a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR PTZ. While using Chrome to setup the IVS and other config items... the track time input box always said 15 seconds. No matter what I did to change it from 300 or 60 or anything...it always reverted back to 15 seconds. I swapped browsers from Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Pale Moon (64 bit...not 32 bit). Was about to bust out on an old Netscape Navigator until, thanks to @wittaj , tried IE. Whalla. Could change the input box data to whatever I wanted (which would be 300 for now). I also see on the live stream, more quick buttons at bottom, the IVS rules, the AI yellow detection box, more quick buttons at top right, and finally the bitstream rate upper-left. Could not see any of this using Chrome. Of course, with the IE, have to install the Zenghai plugin and activeX. Unsure if this is a security concern but I'll run with it for the time being.
So, just wanted to toss it out there to folks that there is more bells&whistles using IE and the required plugin if that is your option.
(of course, after I hit submit...I noticed the web plugin sticky thread "How to view Dahua cameras without browser plugins" which I never noticed til right now :) But still will show the screenshot differences between Chrome and IE:

Chrome:
chrome.jpg

IE:
ie.jpg

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been using Chrome since I bought my first Dahua camera from Andy last year (the good 'ol 4231's). I was able to log in, see menu options, do the config, save, logout....all done. Always wondered how folks were able to see the AI detection boxes livestream and other stuff which I thought could only be seen on a Dahua NVR.
Up until I recently bought a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR PTZ. While using Chrome to setup the IVS and other config items... the track time input box always said 15 seconds. No matter what I did to change it from 300 or 60 or anything...it always reverted back to 15 seconds. I swapped browsers from Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Pale Moon (64 bit...not 32 bit). Was about to bust out on an old Netscape Navigator until, thanks to @wittaj , tried IE. Whalla. Could change the input box data to whatever I wanted (which would be 300 for now). I also see on the live stream, more quick buttons at bottom, the IVS rules, the AI yellow detection box, more quick buttons at top right, and finally the bitstream rate upper-left. Could not see any of this using Chrome. Of course, with the IE, have to install the Zenghai plugin and activeX. Unsure if this is a security concern but I'll run with it for the time being.
So, just wanted to toss it out there to folks that there is more bells&whistles using IE and the required plugin if that is your option.

Chrome:
View attachment 82991

IE:
View attachment 82993
That has been a known issue since the age of dawn . . .

It's right up there with companies who continue to release hardware only supporting 2.4 wireless N! :banghead: The security industry is one of the slowest markets to change because no one is pushing them to do better. As of this writing RS-232 Serial continues to be used in millions of new appliances?!?

Somethings just need to die - but wont . . . :angry:

Reaction score
Ms has said that I.e will be removed from Windows later this year. You can always use pale Moon 32-bit, it will work, 64 bit pale Moon will not work. You can also use Chrome with the IEtab extension installed and it will work.
ah. yes. makes sense as I tried Pale Moon 64bit, unaware that I was to only use 32bit. Good to know later.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I am running into the same issues with recent (5442) Dahua cameras. I can currently use IE (with the Dahua plugin) on my Windows 10 machine, but am looking forward a few years when I may have to run Windows 11. When I tried Pale Moon (32 bit), I never got a prompt to install a plugin, so I can access most of the camera settings, but did notice that many are missing. Is there a plugin for Pale Moon that I should be looking for?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody tried the "IE Tab" extension plug in for chrome?
It varies from model and even firmware. For everyone that says they have a problem using something other than IE, there is someone that posts they have no trouble with Chrome and IE tab (or maybe they don't realize they are missing options LOL).

Personally, mine is missing stuff in Chrome with the IE tab. YMMV

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've said it before: Dahhua is eventually going to have to address this or they're going to have a lot of very unhappy customers
I doubt they will address it on anything older than than 5442 series, and I hope they do the 5442. They will have to update the firmware, or part of it, to do so, and that is not a trivial task. Do you update cameras that are 5 years old? 10? 2? Where do you stop. Not arguing, just pointing out don't be surprised. Me, it won't bother me too much, I'm running two BI machines, Win 8.1 and Win 10, and don't really plan on upgrading.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Silly question guys, Of course I am trying to get IE loaded on my Windows 10 machine which already has edge on it. First question, what version of IE are you using and second question is how do you get it installed as when I tried IE 11 it told me I had a later version already installed, which I assume it is seeing my Edge.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have Win10 then IE is baked into it, they just don't tell you that.

Simply type in Internet Explorer on the search bar and it will come up.

And then turn off Windows update so they don't remove it.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have Win10 then IE is baked into it, they just don't tell you that.

Simply type in Internet Explorer on the search bar and it will come up.

And then turn off Windows update so they don't remove it.
I'll be dang. Okay great, I was also able to get the plugin going.

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you haven't disabled Windows updates, do that.

The key is to keep Win10 as long as possible, shut off Windows updates, and go into Task Scheduler and delete/disable any items Windows has added that will switch to Edge and remove Explorer.

They have now made it so you cannot uninstall Edge, but then they also snuck in some Task Schedulers that run constantly. Some on my computer are running every hour and some are once a day.

They are looking for Edge updates every 12 hours and I bet one day will just wipe Explorer off your computer.

I was wondering why Edge kept updating and kept opening up along when I would open Explorer.

So for those of us that lock down and disable Windows Updates, be sure to check your Task Scheduler for any updates they have hidden here.

Here where the ones that showed up in mine one day.

1665060346278.png

Then try to delete Edge (probably won't), but hopefully this will keep Explorer on your computer.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I've read a number of thread like this one. I'm a 20+ year Linux user and I have no issues using Firefox without any plugins.

Maybe I'm missing options but I don't believe so.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If I use IE now on my main pc, within seconds it changes to Edge, a message declares IE obsolete and downloads Edge updates.

I'm guessing there's now some script in Windows to prevent IE use.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I use IE now on my main pc, within seconds it changes to Edge, a message declares IE obsolete and downloads Edge updates.

I'm guessing there's now some script in Windows to prevent IE use.
Have you tried what I posted above? Granted I did that awhile ago, but it stopped the Edge updates and allows Explorer to open.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried what I posted above? Granted I did that awhile ago, but it stopped the Edge updates and allows Explorer to open.
I'll take a look. My BI PC isn't currently set up, that's next on the list of jobs when I clear other works out of my house. I do like FF though so if that works, I may juts go straight to FF.

Just wondering how people turn Windows Updates permanently off as they seem to temporary only via the interface and if keeping them permanently off is recommended.