Ford Dealership Video

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are trespassing if you are on the property of any business after they are closed, even if you park in their parking lot, for example a burger king or a shopping center. If you are walking around a car dealership at 2pm on a Sunday, and they are closed, you are trespassing. And if you are just window shopping at a dealership and they are closed, make sure you don't have any weed on you or any warrants. If we are monitoring the property we keep an eye on everyone. People do shit when they think no one is watching.
I can't speak to other states but here in Connecticut:
"According to CGS § 53a-109 people are guilty of trespassing in Connecticut upon entering and remaining on land that they know they are not licensed or privileged to be on. This includes activities including hunting, fishing, trapping etc. This is applicable to fenced or enclosed areas or “premises that are posted in a manner prescribed by law or reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders.” These same considerations also apply to both state lands and near state institutions. Trespassers under these circumstances would be charged with an infraction and levied a fine. "

Our local car dealers have 'open lots' with no signs about trespassing. Going through their lot looking at cars on a Sunday afternoon is fine - for that matter any time but it might look suspicious at 2 in the am. . . but not against the law. Entering vehicles, well that's a little different.

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is it the camera or the software that puts that little tracking box around whats moving?
my cameras piss me off sometimes, they go off and then i have to sit there and scan the entire screen for whats moving, would be a lot easier if it showed me just like on the video - a box surrounding what is moving so i dont have to waste time if it is a false alert

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I always enjoy your videos. They're well edited, and always tell a story. Now that "Cops" is off the air, you're all we have! ;)

I think having a large number of cops show up makes things safer for everyone. A subject is probably far less likely to fight with or run from the cops when there are a lot of them present, so nothing gets started. Given that they're all carrying radios, and assuming they all are on patrol in this general area, they would be free to leave and attend to another call if one comes in. Meanwhile, they can provide any necessary help at this scene.

I also think that having the dog is an excellent idea as well. Not only can it likely find the subject quickly, most folks won't try to run from or fight with a dog. So again, it makes things safer and more efficient for everyone. Unlike a Taser or gun, the perp can't take it away from you and threaten you or others with it. The dog is a fantastic "less than lethal" solution. I wonder if a few of the recent headline-making situations might have turned out entirely different had there been a police dog in the mix. I wouldn't scuffle with, or run from a cop with a dog!

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I always enjoy your videos. They're well edited, and always tell a story. Now that "Cops" is off the air, you're all we have! ;)

I think having a large number of cops show up makes things safer for everyone. A subject is probably far less likely to fight with or run from the cops when there are a lot of them present, so nothing gets started. Given that they're all carrying radios, and assuming they all are on patrol in this general area, they would be free to leave and attend to another call if one comes in. Meanwhile, they can provide any necessary help at this scene.

I also think that having the dog is an excellent idea as well. Not only can it likely find the subject quickly, most folks won't try to run from or fight with a dog. So again, it makes things safer and more efficient for everyone. Unlike a Taser or gun, the perp can't take it away from you and threaten you or others with it. The dog is a fantastic "less than lethal" solution. I wonder if a few of the recent headline-making situations might have turned out entirely different had there been a police dog in the mix. I wouldn't scuffle with, or run from a cop with a dog!
The dog probably equals at least two cops. His bite is also much worse :)

9 cops responding does seem excessive for this type of event but maybe it was a slow night.