Foscam can't resolve password

ozstar

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Foscam F19818W and am having endless problems trying to get it to connect on the LAN.

I have the latest firmware and the latest apps.

I have it connected now with cable to a PC but eventually will have it only wireless if I can get it working that is.

A couple of years ago it worked but I have now just got it out and want to set it up again.

I have set a forward in the router to 88 and on my 192.168.20.xx:88 I get to the admin panel and have set it up there. Everything in Device Status say Success but it shows that the wireless is not connected.

The email test works and I get the mail so I guess it is connected.it is connected .

In Network IP configuration is says DHCP enabled, the correct IP address (192.168.20.12) and sub but says Gateway is 192.168.20.252 and Primary DNS. is also 192.168.20.252. Nothing in Secondary.

Network Wireless settings are the correct SSID and pwd and it is only about 2 metres from me.

UPnP is enabled. Ports are 88 and 888

I have the Foscam app on my Gateway Note 8. As the cam doesn't have a scan QR I am doing it manually.
It automatically shows the correct Camera name and IP:88 the goes to the login for Cam name and pwd.I give the correct name and pwd that I use to get into the web panel but it says cam name and/or pwd are wrong !

I also use IP Cam viewer Lite and it shows the correct IP. It says contacting 192.168.20.12 but the, Failed to retrieve image from camera.

Any help please?

oz

EDIT. I just opened it again in the browser (FF) and noticed that the Network IP had changed. It says Gateway is correct at 192.168.20.1 but that the Primary DNS was 'Home' and the Secondary was 192.168.20.1

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Foscam F19818W and am having endless problems trying to get it to connect on the LAN.

I have the latest firmware and the latest apps.

I have it connected now with cable to a PC but eventually will have it only wireless if I can get it working that is.

A couple of years ago it worked but I have now just got it out and want to set it up again.

I have set a forward in the router to 88 and on my 192.168.20.xx:88 I get to the admin panel and have set it up there. Everything in Device Status say Success but it shows that the wireless is not connected.

The email test works and I get the mail so I guess it is connected.it is connected .

In Network IP configuration is says DHCP enabled, the correct IP address (192.168.20.12) and sub but says Gateway is 192.168.20.252 and Primary DNS. is also 192.168.20.252. Nothing in Secondary.

Network Wireless settings are the correct SSID and pwd and it is only about 2 metres from me.

UPnP is enabled. Ports are 88 and 888

I have the Foscam app on my Gateway Note 8. As the cam doesn't have a scan QR I am doing it manually.
It automatically shows the correct Camera name and IP:88 the goes to the login for Cam name and pwd.I give the correct name and pwd that I use to get into the web panel but it says cam name and/or pwd are wrong !

I also use IP Cam viewer Lite and it shows the correct IP. It says contacting 192.168.20.12 but the, Failed to retrieve image from camera.

Any help please?

oz

EDIT. I just opened it again in the browser (FF) and noticed that the Network IP had changed. It says Gateway is correct at 192.168.20.1 but that the Primary DNS was 'Home' and the Secondary was 192.168.20.1
Please dont forward that camera. It will get hacked. The firmware has many unpatched vulnerabilities.

ozstar

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for the heads up.

How do I get to the web if I can't use that way? I need to be able to see what is going on whilst away.

oz

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Many thanks for the heads up.

How do I get to the web if I can't use that way? I need to be able to see what is going on whilst away.

oz
As most ip cameras have backdoor logins and security vulnerabilities like @fenderman has highlighted you shouldn't expose them to the bad Internet. If you need to view your cameras whilst you are away from local network then you need to setup a VPN solution on your local network and disable any port forwarding on your IP devices. This will enable you to safely view your cameras when you are away without the fear of somebody attacking your setup. If you search this forum there are 100's of threads on VPN and how to implement it.