Foscam FI9803P - Not working. Help!

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

My 19 months old Foscam FI9803P has stopped working. In summary...

* I can access its own web interface but when trying to log on to it, it just times out
* I can ping to it, but my Blue Iris can't connect to it (times out)
* I held down the Reset button for more than 20 seconds - it doesn't reset the system at all. Even tried for a full minute, nothing at all.

Amazon UK can't help me as it has been more than a year and advised me to contact Foscam. I contacted Foscam UK but it would appear they've rebranded to Amcrest Technologies and is basically saying 'not our problem, we're not Foscam anymore', which IMHO a bad customer service, considering they're supposed to honour warranty, if I read our rights correctly?

Anyway! This is where I ask for your help... does ANYONE know if I can recover this camera? Based on my previous firmware on my HDD, it would appear this has this firmware:

System firmware version: 1.5.3.16
App firmware version: 2.x.2.23
Plug-in version: 3.3.0.20

Feel free to ask any questions if you need details.

Thanks.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe someone here can help you here, but I have to tell you this: Foscam is junk and you'd be better to throw it out and start over with higher quality hardware instead of torturing yourself for the rest of it's life...which may not be much longer now.

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haha, I know. I am trying to get this to work so I can sell them! I got 3 Foscams here which I will be putting up for sale soon.

Already have moved over to 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS :D

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It doesn't matter that they've rebranded. If they've sold it to you then they should fix it. Tell amazon if you get any trouble as you bought it on their marketplace.

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually, it was sold by Amazon directly but because it's over 1 year old (19 months), they recommended me to go to Foscam directly for replacement as it has 2 years warranty which means I have a few months left of the warranty.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, it was sold by Amazon directly but because it's over 1 year old (19 months), they recommended me to go to Foscam directly for replacement as it has 2 years warranty which means I have a few months left of the warranty.
Dont forget to leave negative feedback. Are you sure it was amazon not fulfilled by amazon?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it's fulfilled by amazon then it's from amazon marketplace, essentially same as buying off eBay but fewer cowboys.

2-year warranty means just that. This is why I don't buy stuff with warranties on eBay anymore, it's essentially worthless. Amazon not much better but if you keep moaning to them you might get somewhere.

I notice Amcrest is just rebranded Foscam crap. They've barely been going and there's already numerous posts with people having issues.

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dont forget to leave negative feedback. Are you sure it was amazon not fulfilled by amazon?
I've looked at the order receipt - comes up as "Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L" so yes it was sold by Amazon themselves.

To update to this, Amazon has given me a partial refund on this of £35 and recommended me to chase Foscam for the warranty.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've looked at the order receipt - comes up as "Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L" so yes it was sold by Amazon themselves.

To update to this, Amazon has given me a partial refund on this of £35 and recommended me to chase Foscam for the warranty.
I would take that. They've obviously done that because they have had issues with Foscam before!