Foscam or Perspective Version

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I downloaded the 15 day trial from Perspective Software (V4.0). Now I see that Foscam and Amazon have a Foscam version which is significantly less expensive.
  • What is the downside of getting the Foscam version?
  • I think V3 is the current Foscam version with a free upgrade to V4. Will the V4 upgrade key work with the V4 that I downloaded from Perspective?
  • Are there any differences in Foscam vs Perspective Software or is it just re branding?

Thanks,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Foscam just buys a bunch of licenses and rebrands the software...they are selling v3 so you will have to email perspective for a license upgrade...The difference is about 12 dollars and you have to deal with the hassle...personally i despise foscam and here is another great example as to why, they are selling V3 licenses without explaining that in the product description, then folks install v3 and are upset that because they think they got the old version and they are prompted to pay 30 for an upgrade..they dont know the upgrade is free if purchased after 12/1/14....I would just by it direct and support the developer..he is a one man shop....