Foscam R2 / BI V5 video corruption

Reaction score
I have a Foscam R2 that I have been operating successfully for the past several years running on an old Dell Inspiron desktop with Windows Vista and BI 4. I recently upgraded to a refurbished Optiplex 3020 with Win 10 Pro and BI 5; and I'm wringing out the new configuration. I've noticed some video pixelation / smearing issues with moving figures in the frame. The first image below, taken from a video clip, is relatively clean. The second image, a second later, illustrates the problem. The camera settings are: Stream Type - HD, Resolution - 1080P, Bit Rate - 2M, Frame Rate - 15, Key Frame Interval - 15, Rate Control Mode - VBR. I've tried changing Resolution, Bit Rate, Frame Rate, and Key Frame Rate to no avail. I've noticed that the BI Settings/General screen shows Main FPS: ~14.5 / 0.0 Key. The 0.0 Key value is consistent, regardless of the Key Frame Rate setting. I have also noticed that the Foscam net plug-in application live video stream does not show the pixelation / smearing problem; it's only apparent in BI. I was hoping someone has seen this type of problem, and could point me in the right direction for correcting it.
Cam1.20200511_141025734_1.jpgCam1.20200511_141026201_1.jpg

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Setting “Hardware Accelerated Decode” to “No” fixed it for me.

Adjustments.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Turning off Hardware acceleration is not the proper solution. Match the iframe interval to the cameras fps. In advanced power settings ensure that intel graphics are set to maximum power. If running headless and the other changes dont help, use a 5 dollar hdmi emulator.