Foscam to Hikvision Migration

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple dozen Foscam cameras around the country and want to migrate away from them. I've had repeated issues with the cameras failing for one reason or another. They are pretty decent when they work but having to replace the failed ones when they are not local is a pain.
I'm initially looking at the DS-2CD3132F-IWS. I need wireless. I have no experience with Hikvision. First somewhat dumb question is are all the dome cameras they make ceiling mount? Can I assume you can set them on a shelf or whatever and flip the settings in the setup? I use the tinycam app and it looks like Hikvision is supported. Any further or different advice? Thanks

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam Monitor should work with Hikvision cameras perfectly.

notchy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes the tiny cam monitor will have no problems working with it.

I had foscams and bought the hikivision 3mb bullets. I don't even use my foscams now.

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So does Hikvision make a non-ceiling mount camera similar to the Foscam tilt/pan?

notchy

n3wb
Reaction score
They make 3-axis IP camera so they can be mounted on a wall or ceiling (dome cameras)

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Most of mine right now are on counters or shelves (near power) and are wireless. It doesn't look like Hikvision is a viable option for me. Thanks again.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You meant 2432, 2342 is a different cam. I agree though 2432 has been the best indoor cam Hikvision had to offer and in my opinion the best one in their entire 2 line. It has wireless, poe, pir, and two way audio which you will not find in any other cams together. Sadly they have not updated it to 4mp and 3mp while still OK is showing its age. With that being said I still use two of them indoors as I have not been able to find a suitable replacement.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Klasipca, The older I get the more dyslexic I seem to get :p Corrected the model number in my earlier post.

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. So the 2432 is a fixed camera, ie no pan and tilt?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, but if you get 2.8mm lens it's wide angle and dont need pan tilt for most uses. Hikvision does have pan/tilt option but I belive it's ceiling mount

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You meant 2432, 2342 is a different cam. I agree though 2432 has been the best indoor cam Hikvision had to offer and in my opinion the best one in their entire 2 line. It has wireless, poe, pir, and two way audio which you will not find in any other cams together. Sadly they have not updated it to 4mp and 3mp while still OK is showing its age. With that being said I still use two of them indoors as I have not been able to find a suitable replacement.
I posted a 3mp version for 100 bucks, China version but always have no issues with thier multi language ones.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/WIFI-Camera-DS-2CD2432F-IW-Full-HD-3MP-Wireless-IP-Camera-WIFI-Built-in-microphone-DWDR/319147_32647173842.html

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why can't you use a hikvision NVR? Isn't that why there are n and ni versions. I have not heard of anybody with issues running China on NVRs only the possibility of future ni compliant issue anyone chime in on that? I am a Blue Iris user so not up to speed on NVR but all I have read does not support your conflict statement.