Found solution for push notification failure from iVMS-4500

Reaction score
Like many others, I was not successful in getting push notifications on my iPhone from intrusion detection. My original post can be found here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12079-Push-notifications-work-on-1-camera-not-on-2nd-tried-everything!

I found a nice workaround that may help others as well, which is why I'm posting this as a new thread.

I found out that email alerts did work, even though push notifications would not. I created a new email, so as to not crowd my old email, and used IFTTT to recognize when I get an email alert from my camera, to direct Pushbullet to send a notification to my iPhone. IFTTT and Pushbullet are both free, and so is my new gmail account. I get my notifications about 5 seconds after intrusion detection is tripped with a tone that is unique from anything else I would hear on my phone.

I spent more hours getting through this hurdle than I care to admit, so hopefully this helps someone else solve their problem, too.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi.can you please elaborate on how this works.

What is IFTTT, what does it do?

Push bullet I found on the Android store.
Does this method mean I have to have a PC permanently booted up all the time? Which would not work for me.

I too have never got push notifications to work for line & intruder which is a shame as i cant use motion due to too many false alerts.

yocgcctv

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using 2032i ip cam . It work push alarm in FW 5.3.0 , no working in FW 5.2.5.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but is it just push notifications for "motion"detection you have working? as opposed to LINE & INTRUDER push notifications?