Found some Peephole IP camera. Have anyone tried these?

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didnt say they were all fake in my initial post. Not sure how you misread that? Just like amazon reviews they flood a bunch of positive reviews so the rating number is higher.
My point with that review that you missed is that if ali does not allow you to change the rating, then you must read every single review otherwise you will miss those where someone had a defect a day after posting but can no longer change their rating.
Exactly! That's what I was typing when you posted it. I always read reviews and ignore the star rating. Even on Amazon that allows changing the rating I often see five star reviews that describe a problem and the other way around.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My point is that we should never trust reviews anywhere. Period. Be it Ali, Amazon etc. Only by reading reviews I can see which is most likely real and which is not. I never look at the review score like you did. That the worst metrics. So, I don't see why you singled out Ali while eBay and Amazon Marketplace are practically the same.
You dont know why i singled out ali? The OP posted a link to an ali product and was impressed with the good reviews. I stated that they cannot be trusted. You claimed that is not true. Now you are saying that they cant be trusted. Which one is it? Have you been drinking?

Side note, Amazon at least makes attempts to curtail fake reviews, as unsuccessful as they may be, I trust them much more than I do the Chinese for obvious reasons.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly! That's what I was typing when you posted it. I always read reviews and ignore the star rating. Even on Amazon that allows changing the rating I often see five star reviews that describe a problem and the other way around.
Amazon allows you to change the star rating after the fact. So if it goes bad after a month you can revise it. ALI does not. Not only that you must leave reviews within the first thirty days. So all you see are "reviews" during the first 30 days of ownership. What a joke and a typical China type scam.

asp

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a debate on how trustful reviews are :lol:
Anyway, I get your point. We cannot 100% trust this kind of reviews and this cameras might be not so good... since they are cheap+Chinese and nobody here have tried them.

Maybe I will buy one of them and let you know my impressions, I really like the form factor. As far as I know, there are no other cameras that can be disguised as a regular peephole.